Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wii 3.2JAP+WiiKey v1 wont boot original games.

Posted by RyoHazuki 
Wii 3.2JAP+WiiKey v1 wont boot original games.
January 01, 2009 08:55AM
Hi There.

I own a Japanese Wii which used to have 3.2J installed. My wife uses it for WiiFit and the rest of the nintendo goodies. Since she's japanese its the japanese version.

I installed WiiKey v1 a year ago in order to play imports from the US (Zelda, RE4 etc). Everything used to work just fine until yesterday I probably did something foolish.

I decided to try and change the menus to English as I got fed up with the japanese menus (though, I can read and navigate, but not as fast as I can in English). So this is what I did:

1. Installed HBC using the Installer - Worked perfectly.
2. Installed HBB - Worked perfectly.
3. Installed GeckoOS from the HBB - Worked perfectly.

Now where the problem begun. I went ahead and installed the AnyRegion Changer on my SD card and changed the
menus to English (US). I followed carefully after the instructions and warnings. It also worked very well.
I actually rebooted the Wii and I got the US version (3.2U) running beautifully on my Wii.
However, it seems I cant boot any of my japanese games unless I use the GeckoOS (Tried with Zelda only).
When I tried to revert back to all Japanese, the AnyRegion Changer failed and failed-back to the US version.
I am now "stucked" with the english menus without the ability to launch the Japanese games (its a bit troublesome to teach my wife how to use the GeckoOS).

Did I do anything wrong? any advise you can provide me with?

Thanks in advance,
Ryo
Re: Wii 3.2JAP+WiiKey v1 wont boot original games.
January 01, 2009 10:07AM
Install Starfall and tell it to not check region.
January 01, 2009 11:47AM
icefire
Install Starfall and tell it to not check region.

I tried it. didnt work.

At the settings of the AnyRegion Changer I have all my settings set to USA or English (except for the store).
January 01, 2009 03:52PM
Ok.

I think I fixed it.

What I had to do is launch the WiiKey Config DVD and apply all the settings again.
Now Zelda/J boots on my 3.2U Wii.

Thanks!
Ryo
January 01, 2009 03:58PM
Using anyregion changer set your wii's game region to JP then your modchip will work fine...
Or you can reconfigure your modchip to NTSC-U region.. I don't know how you do that with wiikey, but for example for d2ckey and d2pro it's a matter of closing a jumper or opening it according to the modchip's documentation...

Your actual problem is, your modchip changes the region code of all discs to it's preconfigured region (NTSC-J) but since you changed the system menu game region now they don't match...

And I assume modchip talk is not allowed here
January 01, 2009 05:41PM
WiiCrazy
Using anyregion changer set your wii's game region to JP then your modchip will work fine...
Or you can reconfigure your modchip to NTSC-U region.. I don't know how you do that with wiikey, but for example for d2ckey and d2pro it's a matter of closing a jumper or opening it according to the modchip's documentation...

Your actual problem is, your modchip changes the region code of all discs to it's preconfigured region (NTSC-J) but since you changed the system menu game region now they don't match...

And I assume modchip talk is not allowed here

you're right, it is because his mod chip is configured the old way, now imports vs. local is reversed...

as long as backup talk is not present, then modchip talk is fine. Team Twiizers released a HBC installer for chipped Wiis...
January 02, 2009 07:42AM
This is not a modchip support forum! Shoo!
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.