Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Noob question. Please help (wii v3.4U: sd installer, twilight hack or solder chip?)

Posted by secable 
Hi all. New to the wii and the homwbrew scene.
I have read extensively but still have few questions.

I am looking for a simple solution to play my dvd backups (from games i have). I read the twilight hack and other solution.
but i do not have Zelda. I also read that there is a sd installer (or a ship soldered).

The sd seems easier and quicker....
- will it be possible on my wii version ? (the SD installer with v 3.4U)
If not, can I downgrade my version and use the sd installer ?
Or can I use the sd installer and replace the twiligh hack file by the new beta 2 (for v 3.4 ?)
If I use the SD installer, do I still need the Zelda game ?

- does it need dvdx ? (to play dvd backups?)
can I use the dvdx version made by Comex ?
And how do I install this version (new dvdx) once the hack is installed ?

- should i burn a dvd data or the iso itself on each dvd (I am going to backup my games as isos)

Finally....
Can i remove everything if something is not working
will i risk to brick my wii ?

I know it is a lot of small question. I am just looking for something simple. If that is not possible, well, I will wait, and that is ok :)

Thanks

Secable
Re: Noob question. Please help (wii v3.4U: sd installer, twilight hack or solder chip?)
January 02, 2009 04:51PM
Lets see how carefully you "extensively read".

You didnt read the forum rules, the no backup announcement, or even the main page of the forums. If you did, you would know that there is no backup discussion on this forum.

You didnt read comex's topic very well either. If you did, you would know that his dvdx no longer works.

Also, if you even read anything at all, you'd be able to answer at 99% your other questions.

The best part is, you did all of this on your first day in the forums.

Locked! Junked! Banned!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2009 04:51PM by Arikado.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.