Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Some questions from a beginner

Posted by craigy132 
Some questions from a beginner
January 21, 2009 09:25PM
Hi all, thinking about installing wii brew and would just like to ask a few questions about it. Firstly once installed does the wiibrew channel automatically download stuff from the internet? What are the chances of my wii breaking when installing wii brew? Is it possible to play backup wii games once wii brew is installed? If so how do you make backup copies? Also if you install an emulator is it just a case of downloading roms, burning em to a cd/dvd then putting em in the wii or is it more complicated ? By the way Im not into piracy its just that with a four year old and a five year old in the house I would like to keep the games Ive paid hard earned cash for in good condition and just let the kids loose with the backup discs. Any help would be much appreciated!!
Re: Some questions from a beginner
January 21, 2009 09:41PM
I understand about protecting originals, but if we helped you do that, It would also help someone looking to pirate...

No one has ever bricked their Wii just installing the homebrew channel...
you can put your roms on a DVD if you install DVDx (3.3 or earlier) or on a USB drive or the SD card...

wiibrew channel downloads its own updates, there is an app that downloads most of the homebrew things found on thie wiki without you having to put them on your SD card yourself..
January 21, 2009 10:12PM
One other question, I just checked my wii and its version 3.4E. Will the twighlight hack and wii brew still work?
January 21, 2009 10:29PM
I dont really care wether or not you're into piracy. On this forum, there is absolutely NO backup talk allowed.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2009 03:25AM by Arikado.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.