Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Executing a .dol?

Posted by Mars 
Executing a .dol?
January 23, 2009 10:31AM
Hi all.

Prelude
I have installed the Homebrew channel, and then tried to follow this guide: Arikado Edit: Dont Link To Guides Detailing How To Run Backups
Thus I have installed "cIOS36 Rev7". But when I tried to install DVDx on IOS249 (If you have tried to do something like this, you would know what I'm babbling about) I failed.

According to the guide, a Wii with system 3.3 should work - mine didn't (running 3.3E). I found that the 3.3 version exists in a v1 and a v2, and the v2 wouldn't work).

Now I would like to downgrade my system to 3.3v1, or something that works. I've downloaded the "Custom IOS Downgrader v1.2" from here.
The package includes 3 files: "cIOS-Downgrader_v1.2.dol", "README.es.txt" and "README.txt".

Actual question
The readme files are ofcause just txt and should not be used in the wii.
- But what am I supposed to do with the .dol file? Just copying it to my SD card under apps don't work.
- Is there another (better?) way to downgrade system?
- Can anyone point me to some kind of alternative guide to play my backed up games (such things is not to be revealed here appearently)?

In advance, thanks alot for help :-)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2009 04:14PM by Arikado.
Re: Executing a .dol?
January 23, 2009 02:47PM
If you can't tell by the warning on the first page of the forum there is to be no discussion of backups on this forum.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2009 02:48PM by Manoau2002.
Re: Executing a .dol?
January 23, 2009 04:17PM
Wiibrew does not support or condone the useage of backups on a Nintendo Wii System. Discussion of it is prohibited on this forum. Furthermore, you may not link to pages with information detailing how to do so. If you bothered to read the forum rules, you would have known this.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2009 04:30PM by Arikado.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.