3. Do you recommend it
Re: What is starfall?
March 07, 2009 10:28PM
1. System menu hacks that only work on 3.2
2. WiiBrew (like everything else)
3. No. Use Gecko OS instead.
March 08, 2009 05:27PM
lol, i reccomend it, theres no reason why i wouldnt install everything in starfall. also ive installed and uninstalled about 20 times now and never bricked once, it only patches the system menu so its very safe.

@Arikado, Gecko OS does contain all the features that starfall does AND youd have to load gecko os each time whereas with starfall you dont.
March 08, 2009 05:42PM
jassim
@Arikado, Gecko OS does contain all the features that starfall does AND youd have to load gecko os each time whereas with starfall you dont.
True. Except Gecko OS is safer and its reeboot with hooks stays in effect until you physically unplug your Wii.
March 08, 2009 05:49PM
no it doesnt, lol, it stays in effect till you turn your wii off
March 08, 2009 06:18PM
jassim
No, it stays in effect until you physically unplug your Wii. I can personally testify to that as I have turned my Wii of countless times after rebooting with hooks and the hooks were still working when I turned my wii back on. The only way I've managed to get rid of the hooks was to physically unplug my wiis power cord from the wall outlet.
March 08, 2009 08:22PM
Arikado
jassim
No, it stays in effect until you physically unplug your Wii. I can personally testify to that as I have turned my Wii of countless times after rebooting with hooks and the hooks were still working when I turned my wii back on. The only way I've managed to get rid of the hooks was to physically unplug my wiis power cord from the wall outlet.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't holding down the power button for a few seconds do the same thing? I always assumed that was the "fully off" mode.
March 08, 2009 08:26PM
@Jarvot, I never tried holding the power button down for more than a second or two at most. (I cant now - my Wii is a little screwed up). But pressing the power button on the Wii console so that it displayed a red light from the power button did not get rid of the hooks. Turning WC24 on and turning off the Wii so that a yellow light was displayed from the console's power button also did not get rid of the hooks.
March 08, 2009 11:50PM
i think youd need to have standby on for the rebooter to be perm (until you unplug)
Anonymous User
March 18, 2009 11:03PM
I have firmware 3.4U so i cant use it. Im not risking downgrading my wii. ill stick with GeckoOS

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2009 11:04PM by thenewguy.
March 18, 2009 11:33PM
@ Jarvolt: I think there might be some difference. When the light is red, there is some minimal power running to the console still, as when you have it completely unplugged, the wii has no source of power at all.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login