Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Homebrew released : Ariane, date simulator on wii

Posted by DickNorris 
Homebrew released : Ariane, date simulator on wii
March 22, 2009 11:09PM
Hey !

This is my first post so I would like first to thank all contributors of this helpful website and forum.

I am posting today to release a new homebrew.
It is a wii port from the well famous arianeb.com ( it is a date simulator game).
Nothing special about it, nor innovation.
I only did it for fun.

You can check files on http://sourceforge.net/projects/ariane/
Initial creator website is www.arianeb.com

Enjoy the game!
Re: Homebrew released : Ariane, date simulator on wii
March 22, 2009 11:11PM
I havent checked it out yet, but congratulations on your first release in Wiibrew. If you have the time, you should make a page for your homebrew on our wiki. If you dont ahve the time, I would be willing to set up a simple one for you with your permission.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2009 11:12PM by Arikado.
Anonymous User
March 22, 2009 11:20PM
Yeah you should make a page so more people know about it
March 22, 2009 11:25PM
I'm downloading it right now. Does it have really high quality graphics or something? The .zip for it is huge (33.9MB)

Also, is there an age warning on this game?
March 22, 2009 11:37PM
@Arikado: All jpeg files have been generated by the creator of www.arianeb.com. I have just resized them to fit on wii ratio.
There is a 18 years old minimum check (under question form) at the very beginning of the game due to adult content.
Feel free to do what you want with that game. If you could set up a wiki page on it, that would be great. All sources are gpl available. Images are under Creative commons license.
March 22, 2009 11:53PM
I've made a simple wiki page for you here: [www.wiibrew.org] . Please feel free to edit and change it as you see fit.
March 23, 2009 12:01AM
Why do I suck at these games?

"On a scale of desperation of 1 to 10, you get a lousy 1. The END" (or something like that)

By the way, could you add power button support to the game?
March 23, 2009 12:13AM
Arikado
Why do I suck at these games?

"On a scale of desperation of 1 to 10, you get a lousy 1. The END" (or something like that)

By the way, could you add power button support to the game?

I'm gonna try and beat your score Arikado!
March 23, 2009 12:14AM
Good luck DrLucky! Heres a tip, dont give her a french kiss on the first date :P
March 23, 2009 12:26AM
Thanks for the wiki page and the formating. Screenshots are available.
Enjoy the game and try several paths (pool, backyard, downtown, boat, strip club, shops, hot tub ....)
There are a lot of different endings. Try not to cheat, discover a way to seduce her by yourself !

@Arikado I will add power button support asap.
March 23, 2009 12:28AM
Thanks for adding power button support so soon.

I'm really enjoying playing around with this game. Theres a ton of interesting, witty text and paths to take. Its very deep. Once again, great work :D
March 23, 2009 12:36AM
errgg..I can't get past 5!

the only problem I've found is that the text is very small and blends in with the other background, but still a lot of fun!
March 23, 2009 12:48AM
Is the text that small? My screen is quiet big so I can't figure out. Are you talking about bottom texts or tooltips?
March 23, 2009 02:15AM
DickNorris
Is the text that small? My screen is quiet big so I can't figure out. Are you talking about bottom texts or tooltips?

both actually...

Yeah! I just got a 10...I did it twice in the same game :)

hahaha, it is addicting!
March 24, 2009 12:45AM
@Arikado power support added. You can recompile it or wait for the next release.

Happy that you enjoythe game. Try now to bring back Ariane and her friend Rebecca to home...
March 24, 2009 02:54AM
DickNorris
@Arikado power support added. You can recompile it or wait for the next release.

Happy that you enjoythe game. Try now to bring back Ariane and her friend Rebecca to home...

I have gotten car and bed and couch...not hot tub, or pool, or lookout point...

could you code a cheat thing that runs through each scenario?
March 24, 2009 09:12AM
What do you mean ? You want a kind of scenarios player?
You can't imagine the number of different ways...There are 1054 different pictures.
Have you try the strip club, the trivia game, spaghetti dinner, photo shots, basketball?
May 31, 2009 11:10AM
Great idea, man.
Just downloaded this game, looking forward to it and all, boot it from the Homebrew Channel and I'm rewarded with black screens instead of images...
Anyone know why this is?

All the folder structure from the .zip has been kept intact.
Do you need to do something to the pics in order to get them to display?

Help greatly appreciated.
June 06, 2009 10:41PM
I had this same issue... sounds like you're launching this app with HBC.

Get the LoadMii app, and launch ArianeB thru that. Should solve all your problems.

Put LoadMii in your /apps directory, but leave the ArianeB folder on the root. This way, HBC won't see ArianeB, but it will see LoadMii, which will in turn allow you to launch ArianeB. Nice n' tidy.

*** Correction***

This wasn't as tidy as I thought... I'm guessing that the /apps/images path must be hardcoded in there somewhere... Do this instead:

-Put the downloaded arianeb folder on the root of your SD card
-Create a new arianeb folder at /apps/arianeb
-move the /arianeb/images/ folder to /apps/arianeb/ , and leave all other files behind.
-Via LoadMii, run the .elf file from the arianeb folder on the root.

This will allow the images to display, yet still not pollute HBC with apps that it can't run properly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2009 02:35AM by ojay.
December 02, 2009 02:45AM
ojay
I had this same issue... sounds like you're launching this app with HBC.

Get the LoadMii app, and launch ArianeB thru that. Should solve all your problems.

Put LoadMii in your /apps directory, but leave the ArianeB folder on the root. This way, HBC won't see ArianeB, but it will see LoadMii, which will in turn allow you to launch ArianeB. Nice n' tidy.

*** Correction***

This wasn't as tidy as I thought... I'm guessing that the /apps/images path must be hardcoded in there somewhere... Do this instead:

-Put the downloaded arianeb folder on the root of your SD card
-Create a new arianeb folder at /apps/arianeb
-move the /arianeb/images/ folder to /apps/arianeb/ , and leave all other files behind.
-Via LoadMii, run the .elf file from the arianeb folder on the root.

This will allow the images to display, yet still not pollute HBC with apps that it can't run properly.

SAME HERE..

If this app/sim is so complicated to load without 'loadMii' then there should at least be a README somewhere explaining these steps you just outlined, i mean this is intended for homebrew scene so why the hell cant it load properly in the homebrew channel??

Developers: not every aspect of DIY games + patching is obvious so give noobs a break and include comprehensive instructions once in a while!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login