Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Network Failed to initialize...HBB

Posted by mr333 
Network Failed to initialize...HBB
January 02, 2009 04:45AM
Hey, for some reason i have been unable to use the home brew browser app today. my wii is connecting to the internet fine, but whenever i try to use the HBB, it cant seem to connect to the network.
Re: Network Failed to initialize...HBB
January 05, 2009 08:41PM
I had this problem as well, and figured out that it had something to do with my Wii's network settings. The Homebrew Channel app apparently doesn't like to connect to the internet via an automatically-configured (read: AOSS) wireless connection. I'm guessing there are some pieces of information that the HBC (and therefore anything running under it, e.g., HBB) tries to request from the Wii itself and cannot under those circumstances. I configured my network settings manually -- including a manually-assigned IP address, which is probably not necessary for you -- and that fixed it for me.
January 05, 2009 09:58PM
You can also click on the network icon in the lower right corner of the HBC Apps menu and it will attempt to reinitialize the network. I have had to do this a few times when I'm using a manually configured wireless connection. I use DHCP for the wireless connection.

If the icon is blue then click on it to reinitialize. If it's white then it's connected.

~KnoWei
January 05, 2009 10:31PM
alrite thanks that got it working =D
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login