Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

ArianeB download not working

Posted by kezza825 
ArianeB download not working
April 14, 2009 11:32PM
hi, I am new to the forum but I am not new to Homebrew. Normally I have no problem getting my Homebrew applications to work (apart from the odd one or two) but the ArianeB application doesn't seem to work on my Nintendo Wii. I have downloaded it and copied it onto my SD card and ran Homebrew but it comes up with an error saying "This is not a valid Wii application". I just don't know what to do:'(

Also while I am this subject I can't seem to get Genplusgx working either (or it might be the fact that I just don't get it). The author says to copy the bin onto the root directory, I've done that but it isn't coming up on my Homebrew:S
Re: ArianeB download not working
April 14, 2009 11:40PM
hmm..it is a great game! Hope I can get it to work for you..

ok, first, what Wii version do you have, and what Homebrew Channel version do you have?
April 14, 2009 11:42PM
Erm.. to be honest I'm not sure I think my Wii is 3.2 but I don't know what my Homebrew version is.
April 15, 2009 12:59AM
try to update to the newest version of the HBC

[wiibrew.org]
April 15, 2009 01:47PM
Two questions.

1.) How do I put on a higher version of Homebrew
2.)Do you run ArianeB on your Wii or your Gamecube because when I downloaded the folder, It contained,
ArianeB >
images > (Loads of images)
boot.elf
Icon
Meta.xml

Now I downloaded the .elf to .dol converter and converted the .elf file into .dol and ran it and it did that problem which i mentioned in my first post. But I can't see why that would be the problem since that on a Wiibrew page it said that .elf's are for running Gamecube Homebrew applications and won't be able to run on the Wii and vise versa for .dol files.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2009 04:14PM by kezza825.
April 15, 2009 11:36PM
ok, that was probably your issue. .elf file usually dont work with HNC 9 and greater, but a few do, includng this one.
You install the HBC 1.01 by running it as an app like the other apps.
April 15, 2009 11:42PM
Okay thanks. I will keep you informed when I do it all
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login