Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Homebrew Browser can't write to SD card

Posted by panni 
Homebrew Browser can't write to SD card
June 04, 2009 11:37PM
Dear forums, perhaps this may be the wrong place to ask, but:

I've been following the current "Wii Softmodding for Dummies" Guide on my Wii Ver 3.2E. Everything seems to work perfectly.

The only thing not working is the Homebrew Browser. Just after it loads up it successfully initializes the network and then quits with something like "Could not write to SD card. Please make sure it's not write protected".
It isn't write protected, I've tried several other SD cards, tried reinstalling HBB onto it, etc.

Is this problem known? May I have to change my firmware version to the "4.0-downgrade" one or so?

Thanks in advance
Re: Homebrew Browser can't write to SD card
June 04, 2009 11:44PM
When you put it in your computer, try to delete something. Does it still say its write-protected?
June 05, 2009 12:32AM
You dont need to downgrade.
June 05, 2009 01:07AM
Hey, I've put in the SD cards several times after I formatted them (ensuring the write-protect switch was off - sure, formatting shouldn't have worked without ...).

Update
Okay, well, impressive phenomenon:
The SD card reader I've got with my desktop here doesn't seem to care at all about write protected SD cards. It may be that it was the physical write protect after all, but I was too convinced by the writer that it was able to write. Will check it out with the Wii soon.

Thanks so far :)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2009 01:36AM by panni.
June 05, 2009 01:07AM
HBC version? Also tried booting it from loadmii?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login