Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Homebrew browser "Parsing Homebrew List" hasn't finished.

Posted by Crisco 
Homebrew browser "Parsing Homebrew List" hasn't finished.
November 28, 2009 12:41AM
I've been waiting for almost 30 minutes and the homebrew browser is still Parsing Homebrew list is this normal once you've changed repository?
Re: Homebrew browser "Parsing Homebrew List" hasn't finished.
November 28, 2009 12:52AM
[codemii.com] <-- Go bug teknecal
November 28, 2009 12:58AM
Has this been a problem for everyone? or is it just me?
November 28, 2009 01:45AM
i just checked and it works fine for me...
November 28, 2009 01:47AM
Hmm maybe my network isn't configured right. Is there anything else you need to do in the homebrew browser after you switch repositories in the settings menu.
November 28, 2009 01:50AM
actually, it works for the main hbb repo and mine, but it gets frozen on Lukegb's repo.

which most likely means he doesn't have it set up correctly, or his server is down.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2009 01:51AM by mdbrim.
November 28, 2009 01:56AM
Well I tried it on your repo first didn't work so I cleaned off my config.xml then I tried from Lukegb's as well and it got stuck there. the only one it works with is the main HBB repo.
November 28, 2009 02:14AM
interesting... you don't have to clear your xml file... just spam the 2 button on the wiimote while HBB loads.

the 2 button resets to default repo, but you have to time it right so i just keep hitting 2 until the program loads.

not sure why you get the freeze, it works for me...
November 28, 2009 02:16AM
Thanks I was tired of having to plug my SD card into my computer all the time, it's not really a freeze it just takes forever I can press home and it will take me back to the loader so I may just try an older version that may work.
November 29, 2009 02:47AM
Seems there is a bug in HBB and how the user has the start up category configured.

If you are having issues accessing mdbrim's repo, set your "custom category" (in settings, page 3) as Games and for lukegb's repo set your "custom category" as Utilities.
November 29, 2009 02:51AM
really okay I'll try that.

EDIT: Thanks it works but is this bug going to be fixed in the next version of the HBB.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/2009 03:01AM by Crisco.
November 30, 2009 03:24AM
Ahhh, i see what it is doing...

it could probably also be fixed by lukegb and I editing our "parsing" list to include the other topics (but just have nothing in them.) I'm sure fixing the hbb source would be a better fix but we could probably fix it on our end by including the categories in our list even if they are empty... i'll try that later tonight...
November 30, 2009 09:54AM
Yes, it will be fixed in the next HBB version (not sure how long it will be until release).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login