Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

kraokii help

Posted by madmark 
kraokii help
December 30, 2009 03:08PM
i'm tryng 2 get ultrastar songs 2 show lyrics on screen. i have coverted them frm mp3 2 ogg as specified, the music plays but the words don't appear. do i have 2 add the text file that came with songs 2 the ki3 folder? if so, how do i do it? if any1 can help, plz let me know as i am banging my head against the wall!
Re: karaokii help
February 08, 2010 08:26PM
Hello everyone
since we've thrown a little head, before I forget things,
I want to give you some advice on how to create a little bases for the program in question.
In this way you can create all together a few discrete collection.
The prog is unfortunately still in development, 0.06 from Pedro (would support mp3, cdg, speech recognition ?)
and does not come then .. for now we can manage.
I do not write well because unfortunately I have no time and are not very good, I hope that enough.
(in reply I ask if anyone knows how to bring the CD + G lyrics in. txt (Word mode)
which then can be transformed into. ki3).

Let's start:
We know that karaokii support a very few formats, we are interested 's Ultrastar.

By ultrastar community forum (I've removed the link because I do not know if allowed)
After registration select: Italian Songs (or other foreigners, etc.)
open the message with the song you want then:

Cover:
right clicking on the image,
then give Save As.
Or search it on google images.

Lyric:
select the contents of the CODE area,
create an empty file xxx.txt on pc (xxx name of song)
Paste the words(CODE) and save the .txt file (do not touch anything inside)
(Eventually only the GAP / BPM in case of out of synchronization: advance / delay after testing)

MP3
click on the link ... dirpy.... if it already exist inside the message (I removed the link because I do not know if allowed)
Then click the Download button to get the mp3 (I do not touch the parameters, I leave default)
Otherwise take the video URL of the original song (from youtube usually) and paste it on the ...dirpy... website.
Also make sure that the duration is the same indicated by who did the work.

At this point the material is ready for programs like Ultrastar, but we are
interesting to use the above material inside karaokii for WII then:

Resize the downloaded image in 180x180 max
then save as. png
(I use Paint.Net (Free)

Rename the .txt file previously created in .ki3 (it is already compatible in W mode)

Convert the file .mp3 obtained to .ogg format (karaokii only supports this format)
(I use dBpoweramp Music Converter taht supports multi convert (Free)

Then put the files (.ki3, .png, .ogg) obtained for each song,
in the karaokii SONGS folder, remember that you must have the same name for each 3 files song.

NOTES:
- I do not seek perfection
- The result is said to be not perfect
- Someone will say .... but there is already a Guide by xxx or yyy
a) Oh well I have not found, but I hope one more it is useful
b) Yes there are other methods, convert .mid and extract the text with various prg: ok but I did not succeed
c) Compared with using the UltraStar functions and other various progs it seems to be a decent and fast method.
- Contact me if you need help but do not expect miracle
I use this method only for my daughter for his birthday (Party WII with friends :-)
to allow it sing the songs they like (not from Disney Sing etc.)
- Do not ask me for songs, nor for script with effect because I have not tried it, if you need please
follow the good indication from PedroCrespo on ... wiibrew... (I removed the link because I do not know if allowed)

Astronomic Thanks GOES TO PEOPLE WHO HAS PRODUCED FILES IN THE INDICATED COMMUNITY.

Byez
Bettino

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2010 08:34PM by bettino.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login