Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SD Card in Homebrew Apps

Posted by Baxter 
SD Card in Homebrew Apps
March 06, 2010 01:31AM
So I put the HBC on my Wii about a week ago and it worked perfectly (and I was super giddy). I installed Homebrew Browser and used it to install a few little things to toy with, and it worked just fine. Eventually, I realized that the BootMii I installed when I put in HBC didn't backup my NAND on its own, and I had to do it. So I started the Wii, hit the NAND backup button, and let it go. The next time I loaded Homebrew Browser, it never got past mounting the SD card. It just repeated the "Unable to mount SD card" line. I even checked another app that I knew would need read/write access to the SD card: Homebrew Sorter. It never gets past the loading screen.

My SD card is a PNY 4GB SDHC. I have System Menu 4.2u with BootMii installed in boot2. What I really don't understand is why it can load the apps from the SD card but the apps themselves can't access it.

I've already tried reformatting with "format /h:e /a:4096" (or whatever that command was) and copying all the files back, but that didn't fix it. It worked perfectly fine before the NAND backup and now it's completely un-mountable.

Does anyone have an idea on what to do? (The PNY 4gb SDHC card is listed as compatible on the list, but I have a Kingston 2gb SD card in the mail to try next). I'm desparate, I really want my homebrew working again.

Edit: No, the lock button is not set on the card. I've even tried it with it toggled and not in case it got switched by accident and I could tell the difference.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2010 01:40AM by Baxter.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login