Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

snes9xgx help!

Posted by vokhoa408 
snes9xgx help!
March 10, 2010 06:29AM
Hello, So I put snex9xGx on my 32GB sdhc card.
The homebrew channel is able to detect it and I am able to launch the application.
However when I try to load games from the SD card, it says it cannot read the SD card!

Homebrew can read the card to launch the app....but the app can't read the sd card.
Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance!
Re: snes9xgx help!
March 10, 2010 12:55PM
What version are you using?
March 10, 2010 01:02PM
I am using snex9xgx 4.1.5.

But I think what's going on here is that the sdhc isn't compatible at all.
It seems the homebrew channel can load all the apps on it, but none of the apps can mount the SD card
once they start.

People seem to be saying they're having the same issues
[wiibrew.org]

I've tried formatting and it doesn't work, so I think I will just try my luck with another brand of card.
March 10, 2010 03:20PM
I'm pretty sure your card is compatible, as the homebrew channel can detect and launch apps from it. About SNES9X. Tantrics emulators have a kind of history with detecting things in certain versions of the app. For example FCE Ultra GX had issues detecting the famicm disk bios file, and later had problems finding a rom image of the game genie rom file. This same issue spread to his other emulators as well. It's all documented on their respective google code pages issues section. It might simply be an error associated with how he set the emulator up to read roms from a given directory path.

You should try reporting this issue on his google code page and insist something is wrong, cause as stated his other emulators had problems reading specified paths to read roms from, and to him it may work fine, but the problem isnt widespread. It's spotty. I should know.....I reported the first instance of FCE Ultra not detecting the famicom disk bios when he implemented support for it. It worked for him so he claimed it worked all around....And it didnt. Anyways just be persistent with the issue. Even if he deletes it from his issues page.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2010 03:21PM by nightwishfan1.
March 10, 2010 09:24PM
Actually the issue here is that the SDHC card is using IOS 60/61 for HBC but because Snes9x GX uses IOS 36 (loaded by DVDx), it uses svpe's SDHC hack instead. svpe's hack doesn't have as high of compatibility as IOS does. The solution is for Snes9x GX to use 60/61 like HBC does, but then either DVD support has to be reworked or dropped. This same issue exists for every other app with DVD support.

Telling people to harass me with issues isn't cool. I do this in my spare time and also I don't always have the answer, or even know how to get it.
March 11, 2010 10:38PM
Hi everyone, just an update.

I purchased a different brand of a 32GB SDHC card (A-Data) and everything worked fine!
It seems a lot of the A-Data cards work 4,8,16, and 32GB.

Thanks for all the help.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login