Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

snes saves

Posted by ecafracs 
snes saves
March 16, 2010 01:27AM
i am using the snes9x emulator on my wii and cannot save any games( in game or game states). i have a saves folder in the snes9xgx folder and a madcatz GC memory card. SRAM will not save * error creating file *. i just spent $20 on the memory card and at least 6 hours on google trying to figure this out. i have saved in game with a link to the past and then went to save menu and tried new sram w/o leaving game, still the same error. i am using a wiimote to play. please help this is destroying my sanity. o and it's version 4.1.5
Re: snes saves
March 17, 2010 01:08AM
BEFORE ANYTHING, MAKE SURE YOU THE SD CARD ISNT ON LOCK. THATS PROBABLY THE REASON WHY IT WONT SAVE

the saves go to the SD card, so you just bought a GC memory card for nothing

Anyways, when you first start up the Emulator, itll automatically create a settings file on your SD card.

Plug in the sd card to your computer then go Apps>Snes9xGX>Settings.Xml

open the Settings XML file in a textediting program (whats the windows app...Notepad i think)

look for a line that says something like (toward the beginning)

If it doesnt, post what it says ill post what you should change it to. If you don't feel like it, just copy/paste the three lines i posted over the three lines that look like it
On your sd card make 3 folders in the Snes9xGX folders called roms, saves and cheats respectively. Copy and paste your roms into the roms folder. Once you start up the emulator, itll load the roms from where you have them saved, and it will automatically make a save file, so in game you just go Start>Save or w/e the save option is.
Re: snes saves
March 18, 2010 01:43AM
When I create save states, I go to "new snapshot"... not "new SRAM"

Have you tried that?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login