Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Homebrew Browser Situation

Posted by Rockwell 
Homebrew Browser Situation
March 16, 2010 05:08PM
Hi, thanks in advance for any help you can give me - I can assure you I have browsed every FAQ and every guide I could to the best of my abilities to find a solution and I cannot so it falls to your expertise, gentlemen.

I recently put the homebrew channel, dvdx and bootmii (as an IOS) on my Wii - which was quite brand new - and then after installing all three - I realised that the WiiBrew set-up guide on wiki didn't mention anything to me about putting an 'apps' folder on my SD.

So I take it out, put 'apps' on the SD card after looking closely into the WiiBrew FAQ on wiki - I then found the homebrew browser page on the wiki and downloaded the latest from their site - I put it in my SD card and I then ejected it and put it into my Wii.

After going into the Homebrew Channel to open the Homebrew Browser it connects to the internet, however after the first attempt it mentioned how it failed - however after instantly retrying the connection it connected.

After a bit of this and that scrolled down the page it said I needed to update to 1.0.8 from 1.0.6 (I believe that is what it said to my knowledge) so I did.

And after it downloaded and installed, I re-opened the browser and it did the same connection problem - on the first attempt it couldn't connect but as soon as it retried it connected straight away (I am running it wirelessly from my router)

Now this is where the real problem initiates - more text scrolled down and it comes up to asking to download images (I believe so anyway) so of course I accept...

Now it is at this point that somewhere around that area a bunch of lines showed up on my screen - as if someone had messed with it and poured water inside it - and then a bunch of error code popped up.

My heart sunk a little bit and I broke out in a cold sweat at the thought that I just bricked my brand new Wii but I pressed the Reset button on my console and it took me back to the menu - I then went to the main menu and ejected the SD card.

I'm not sure what happened at that point and I was hoping you could let me know what it was and what I can do from this point on.

I thank you again in advance for any help you can give me - I am all new to this and it is quite a lot to take in.

Here is the picture of the error code:

[i39.tinypic.com]
Re: Homebrew Browser Situation
March 16, 2010 05:44PM
Rockwell

Now it is at this point that somewhere around that area a bunch of lines showed up on my screen - as if someone had messed with it and poured water inside it - and then a bunch of error code popped up.

My heart sunk a little bit and I broke out in a cold sweat at the thought that I just bricked my brand new Wii but I pressed the Reset button on my console and it took me back to the menu - I then went to the main menu and ejected the SD card.

Hi Rockwell,

I assure you that there's no way you could ever brick a Wii running HBB, don't be scared about that. The lines are normal, it's just junk that's in the video buffer. It sounds like something is not set up correctly, I'd try installing the latest HBB from codemii.com on to the SD and try again.
March 16, 2010 06:10PM
scanff, I appreciate your reply.

It relieves me a little knowing that my Wii is safe for now - I was also in the Mibbit #wiihelp chat channel a moment ago and this is what tpw_rules said to me.

17:00 DeanWinch exception (DSI) is correct
17:00 DeanWinch Why?
17:01 tpw_rules it probably got confused
17:01 tpw_rules just restart it, it should workl
17:01 DeanWinch hmm you sure? it won't brick?
17:01 tpw_rules no
17:01 tpw_rules that just means the program crashed

He mentions it is just the program crashing - well, it seems he is implying that this was a one-off crash and that it might not do so again next time?

Also I am currently using Homebrew Browser is v0.3.7 which is the latest on the site.

Unfortunately it isn't the latest according to the Wii.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2010 06:11PM by Rockwell.
March 16, 2010 06:18PM
Yes just try it again. If not re-install on the SD card.
March 16, 2010 06:20PM
A Quick Update:

I tried again and this time it loaded but it did the same screen error however it DID load up the browser but the problem is that everyone says 'no image'

I think it mentioned something about the images not working and aborting at the end of the text too.

Do you think this has something to do with the new update for the browser?

Does it have something to do with my wireless internet?

or even my SD card?
March 16, 2010 06:24PM
It's probably just downloading the images in the background. Give it sometime there's probably a lot of images for it the bring down.
March 16, 2010 06:34PM
Thats it - thanks a bunch you've been a great help!

I feel kinda silly now - seeing as most of it was incredible worry and anxiety.

Thanks again!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login