Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

saving games on FCE Ultra GX

Posted by irishman22 
saving games on FCE Ultra GX
January 16, 2010 08:41PM
I cannot save a game on FCE. I have a save and load folder, but when i try to save, it says 'cannot open folder" I can load game fine, but when trying to save it does not work. any help would be great.

Thanks
Re: saving games on FCE Ultra GX
January 23, 2010 12:03AM
I am having the same exact problem. I downloaded this from the Homebrew Browser. Does that make a difference?
January 23, 2010 06:07AM
I was having the same problem. The issue is that FCE defaults to save files in a folder that does not exist (sd:/apps/fceugx/saves). If you manually create that directory on the sd card using your PC, it will work just fine. Or your solution works too - just saving to a directory that already exists. I just would rather not clutter up the root of my sd card.

PS: I had the same problem with snes9x.
January 24, 2010 01:54AM
Actually, I have it set up just like that, and I still can't save games.
January 24, 2010 07:20PM
Umm, there's your problem then. it should be sd:/fceugx/saves not sd:/apps/fceugx/saves
January 25, 2010 04:00PM
Thanks, that did the trick.
January 30, 2010 07:09PM
I've got the folder in the right spot, sd:\snes9xgx\fceugx\saves, and when I save my game it creates a save file, but it doesn't save anything. When I open the saved file it just starts at the beginning of the game, nothing is saved.
January 30, 2010 08:17PM
There is a trick to get to the saves games, after you start the game hit the home button, then chose load game and your save should be there. I have also found it will not save a save, you have to pick state for some reason. But this was in the fce ultra, I have, haven't update to fce ultra gx yet but should still be along the same lines.
May 12, 2010 10:45PM
I put my fce file in the root of the sd away from the ''app'' folder originally because the wii wouldnt save my rom file whats the problem?
May 12, 2010 11:57PM
dirtrider73068
There is a trick to get to the saves games, after you start the game hit the home button, then chose load game and your save should be there. I have also found it will not save a save, you have to pick state for some reason. But this was in the fce ultra, I have, haven't update to fce ultra gx yet but should still be along the same lines.

That's because almost all NES games *don't* have battery-backed RAM, so your only choice is a state save.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login