Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Home Brew Browser

Posted by newlife 
Home Brew Browser
August 04, 2010 10:00PM
Hi. Ok here is my question. I presume that the home brew Browser accesses an on-line database. My I just wondered where that database is and is it possible to read it from a pc?
Re: Home Brew Browser
August 04, 2010 10:15PM
ok i found the list but i cant find the download links. any help??
August 04, 2010 11:06PM
Just get the apps from [www.wiibrew.org]. I'm believe that most of the apps available on HBB are on there, and there are extras on WiiBrew that aren't on HBB.
August 04, 2010 11:40PM
ok, that didnt realy help, thanks for trying though. Maby i should better exsplain what i was trying to do. I am trying to make a PC app that can list the homebrew and a description like on the home brew channel and the allow the user to download them direectally onto the SD card.

<--Edit-->
Ok, i have decided to use that and jusr rip the html to bits my manipulating the string (or actually the aray) thanks sifjar

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2010 11:46PM by newlife.
August 04, 2010 11:41PM
Yeah, that would be possible to do. A normal web browser isnt going to work though fyi.
August 04, 2010 11:47PM
I know i cant just do a normal web browser. It will opperate a bit like HBB just no were near as pritty lol. Wont be a problem though, i can get it working i hope :).

EDIT

I think this topic now wants moving to development or coding please admin.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2010 11:49PM by newlife.
August 05, 2010 01:41AM
Hi again, At present i am strugeling, i can easily get the short description of each app listed on the main wiki. However i cant get a long description without downloading it and exstracting the meta.xml. Is there an easy way anyone can think of to do this or am i going to have to set up and maintain an online database of homebrew apps for my program to access?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2010 01:42AM by newlife.
August 05, 2010 05:58PM
I'd guess it'd be easier to have your own database, or use the CodeMii Homebrew Browser one, rather than trying to use WiiBrew.
August 06, 2010 12:49AM
well, i'll work on that next. Currently i will make do with a short description and realease version 1 soon. All the main coding is allready done, i just need to do some more fidily bits and make the GUI more user friendly lol.
August 12, 2010 04:53PM
Almost a week later... Are you on Google Code with this project?? If you are please gimme the link and I can stay up to date with it. I may also be able to help out some if you need help.
August 13, 2010 10:35AM
sorry, i had been working on it privatly, Thats how i work best. The first relese will be avalable once i have finished its homepage, if you like i'll release it early here but over in the testing corner, but it will have to wait untill wednes day, my pc is beeing fixed lol.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login