Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WiiMC + Priiloader

Posted by unpaiktable 
WiiMC + Priiloader
December 23, 2010 02:30AM
WiiMC is one of the most promising and useful pieces of homebrew software. However, when I run WiiMC either through fwd'er channel or through HBC it starts up fine which is NOT a problem at all But I've tried to install the application in Priiloader so that my Wii boots up into WiiMC directly and thus behaving as a true MC and I am getting this strange message:

"The current IOS has been altered (fake-signed). Functionality and/or stability may be adversely affected."

I am running the latest HBC and have installed IOS58-64-v6176

Is there a way to tell which IOS is used by priiloader to run apps (wiimc in this case)? Can WiiMC tell us what the "current" IOS that it uses is? I think the WiiMC channel installer provides that info.

Any help to get rid of the annoying popup message? It's been a while since I installed an IOS on my system.

Thanks
Re: WiiMC + Priiloader
December 23, 2010 09:53AM
priiloader uses the system menu ios, so i assume it loads programs with it too. is your system menu ios patched? try reinstalling it with dop mii, making sure to be careful not to install a stubbed revision
December 25, 2010 03:00AM
This is still a problem. You shouldn't be running WiiMC on a system menu IOS - it wasn't designed for that. Talk to Daco about getting priiloader to reload to IOS58 before loading WiiMC.
December 31, 2010 08:43AM
just a note

priiloader does the following:

does app want ahbprot? yes -> dont reload
no -> is IOS58 stub ? no -> reload to 58
yes -> is IOS36 stub? no -> reload to 36
yes -> dont reload ios (tho this should be changed to IOS_ReloadIOS(IOS_GetVersion()); )
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login