Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Homebrew Browser Code Aborted

Posted by caveman 
Homebrew Browser Code Aborted
March 21, 2011 03:30PM
Hello Everyone.

I'm having issues trying to install the homebrew browser application version 0.3.9c.

I've never tryied to install it before. I've the homebrew channel working fine, and I've the internet connection working properly as well as the Wi Connect 24 running fine.

I've downloaded the 0.3.9c version and copied it to the apps folder like recommended.

I'm using an external usb drive with the homebrew channel as well as other applications (like MPlayer, WiiFlow, etc.) all working properly. I've also tested the internet connection, even playing online, so there's no issue there.

When I try a fresh install of the hoebrew browser it goes fine until the step of the images. It says it is downloading the images, it succeeds, then it does the extraction of the images, and after a while it finishes and says "code aborted" and displays a screen with a bunch of large vertical lines and gets stucked in there.

After that, I've to force shutting down my Wii, restart it and when trying to run the second time the homebrew browser it gets stucked (failed 4 times) this time at the "Requesting homebrew list" (even when the first attempt to install it did succeed at this step).

I've also deleted the homebrew folder from the apps folder, downloaded again, did a fresh installation all over again stucking once again at the code aborted after the extracting image files, and also once more for the second time failing in the requesting homebrew list.

Does anyone have any idea what this issue might be? And how can I overcome it?

Thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2011 11:19AM by caveman.
Re: Homebrew Browser Code Aborted
March 24, 2011 05:49PM
Hello again,

It seems that running from the SD card instead of the USB, although getting the same error after the step of extracting image files: "Couldn't open, aborting", the homebrew browser was launched.

Cheers.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login