Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WiiMC Can't See All SMB share media files.

Posted by truncheon 
WiiMC Can't See All SMB share media files.
March 24, 2011 01:32AM
i have folders on my windows 7 machine on the root of the C drive that i house various movie and tv show files, mostly .avi files, but a few other file types.

the other day, seemingly out of the blue, most have disappeared from WiiMC. they are still in the same folders on my C drive, and they play on the computer in a media player there. but in WiiMC, few appear in the shares i have created. some do, and i can play those. the ones that still appear look to be .avi files, but none of the other .avi files are appearing on the Wii.

The nintendo wii updater (wiiconnect24 or whatever it is) is off. the only thing i can think of that is different is that near the time the files disappeared, i upgraded my avast antivirus. i attempted to turn off all automated scanning in avast, but no go - it still doesn't work.

i have deleted and re-installed WiiMC several times. the same files (as before deleting and reinstalling), keep appearing each time. in a subfolder that does appear, i can browse maybe 1/4 of the files there, but i am not given the option to go up a level from that point.

on one of the delete/reinstalls, i also added WiiMC channel - actually, when i open WiiMC through that, i get a !!bonus!! file or two, but the majority of files are still not there.

other homebrew apps seem to be working - except for mplayer, which stopped working a long time ago.

any suggestions as to what is going on? i am new to samba share and wiibrew, but everything has been working fine up until now. does this sound like an issue with WiiMC, the Wii, or my computer?
Re: WiiMC Can't See All SMB share media files.
March 25, 2011 10:34PM
Avast Antivirus update was the cause. Downgrading to older version solved the problem.
March 28, 2011 09:18PM
i am having a similar problem, please help. I set up SMB Share on my laptop, a network drive. I can't stream movies any more. I uninstalled and reinstalled wiimc and whenever I try to connect SMB share I get an error "failed to connect"
what do I do? I have been trying for weeks to get this resolved and I can't figure this out? should I try an older version of wiiMC? dude, I love music and movies and it's so much easier to stream rather than plugging us a usb. please help.Thank you for your time and help.
March 28, 2011 09:30PM
@bigredcape,

check your IP address. if you have multiple computers on your network and do not have static IP addresses set up, when you power down the computers or your router, the router may be assigning new IP addresses.

If that's the case, you will have to get your IP address from your laptop on a regular basis and check your IP settings for the share in WiiMC. otherwise, you can configure your router to assign static IP addresses to each device in your network.
March 31, 2011 04:35AM
The problem is in the AntiVirus Avast...
The new version will fix it, but this versions isnt released yet.
But you can download the pre-release version on [forum.avast.com]

It worked for me!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login