Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hackmii says no vunerable IOS. How do I install homebrew channel on 4.1u?

Posted by requena79 
Hackmii says no vunerable IOS. How do I install homebrew channel on 4.1u?
June 08, 2011 05:48PM
Hi there, I have neogamma installed the latest version. It was on the wii I purchased. I think the previous owner deleted the homebrew channel to clean the system up a but, but he left the backup loader channel available so I can connect to my usb drive and rom drive and run my backups that way. However, the issue is that I have no home brew channel to choose from.

When I run hackmii to try and get the homebrew channel on, it says no vunerable IOS so I can't reload the homebrew channel. I can't figure out how I can get the homebrew channel on, given that hackmii won't run. Does anybody have any ideas for a newbie? I was thinking about using smash stack instead (possibly?) I have 4.1u

Thanks,
Mark.
Re: Hackmii says no vunerable IOS. How do I install homebrew channel on 4.1u?
June 08, 2011 06:19PM
Sounds like the idiot who had the Wii before installed cIOScrap, a pathetic piece of fail that infects every single IOS in your Wii. My advice is this:

Run dop-Mii:WiiBrew Edition [wiibrew.org] and manually update EVERY IOS, except for IOS60. You can leave out any with numbers 100+ as well. This should allow HackMii Installer to run properly.

I don't understand what you mean "using smash stack instead" - it is not an alternative to the HackMii Installer, it is simply an exploit, a method of running the HackMii Installer. How are you running it now?

BTW, please don't talk about backup loaders here. I realise you were only mentioning that it was there, but it is against the rules to talk about that sort of thing here.
Ok no problem and thank you. I was thinking that I could use smash stack to launch the home brew channel elf file, so I can get homebrew on there, and then I can clean up my IOS's (I have no homebrew at the moment - no channel).

Can I definately run the dop-Miss:Wiibrew edition WITHOUT running it via the home brew channel (which I don't have - this is the problem!).

THANKS

The Hackmii problem - I've tried all versions of it, just say no vunerable IOS's. So I'm kind of stuck unless the program you mentioned can run outside of the homebrew channel.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2011 06:35PM by requena79.
Any tips on installing / running dop-Mii:WiiBrew Edition on the wii would be great. I do have a pc & an SD card.
June 08, 2011 07:44PM
Homebrew Channel isn't available as an ELF file, it is a channel. It MUST be installed via HackMii Installer. How are you running the HackMii Installer currently? You can use that method to boot dop-Mii. Just rename it's DOL or ELF to boot.dol/boot.elf respectively and put it on the root, removing HackMii Installer's boot.elf. Changing the method for running HackMii Installer won't change a thing, it is completely irrelevant how it is run.
June 08, 2011 11:52PM
This guide should help: [wiisixtyfour.webs.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login