Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How can I publish my hombrew applications?

Posted by wilco2009 
How can I publish my hombrew applications?
June 26, 2011 12:52AM
What is the way to publish executable and sources of a homebrew application?

I would like to release my new program here but I don't know what I have to do.
Re: How can I publish my hombrew applications?
June 26, 2011 02:16PM
There are no real rules as to what you "have" to do. Just make a page on the WiiBrew wiki with some info, upload your homebrew (there is an option to host it on the wiki itself, or you can do it externally and just link it) and (if you want, it's not compulsory, but it is nice for others) upload your source also.

If it is something you are going to keep updating, you may want to open a Google Code SVN and put the source there, and link to the Google Code page on your WiiBrew page. Otherwise, just put it in a zip or a rar or whatever and upload it.

Thanks for whatever it is you are contributing to the "scene", it's always nice to see new developers releasing programs :)
June 29, 2011 12:18AM
Thank you!!
I Created my new page called Wiitriis. A Tetris port for Wii, but, Do I have to modify the releases page also, or this page have to be modified by some editor or administrator?
June 29, 2011 12:28AM
Nope, you can go ahead and edit it to let people know. Just be sure to move the oldest post to the relevant month's archive (there can only be 5 applications in the "latest releases" section).
June 30, 2011 12:10AM
Thank you very much for your Help.
I just published my Wiitriis. ;)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login