Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

snes9xgx crashes on rom selection

Posted by wthigon 
snes9xgx crashes on rom selection
June 02, 2011 07:25AM
Just as the subject says, installed latest snes9xgx on recently softmodded wii with system menu 4.3u. All other emulators work fine except for snes.

The emulator will load just fine, can choose to load rom, but as soon as I select one my Wii turns off or crashes. The directory structure is good and can't think of what else could be wrong.

Roms I tried are Super Mario World and Link to the Past.

By the way, the emulators I tried are the genesis, nintendo, and n64 ones.
Re: snes9xgx crashes on rom selection
June 02, 2011 09:25PM
If softmodded means HBC installed then I can help you. In the future do not post like that as it will most likely be misinterpreted as either modchipped or having something to do with warez or wads or any other pirated materials.

There is a known bug in HBC 1.0.7 where a line in the meta.xml reads no_ios_reload and if your wii is not connected to the internet it will crash with this line left in. If you open the meta up in a text editor and remove the no_ios_reload it should work fine. Also make sure your rom is not a bad or hacked dump as this could also cause problems.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2011 09:26PM by technoman.
June 02, 2011 11:13PM
technoman
If softmodded means HBC installed then I can help you. In the future do not post like that as it will most likely be misinterpreted as either modchipped or having something to do with warez or wads or any other pirated materials.
A modchip is a "hardmod" so that's not true, but yes as you said the term "softmod" implies copying games but this is irrelevant.

technoman
There is a known bug in HBC 1.0.7 where a line in the meta.xml reads no_ios_reload and if your wii is not connected to the internet it will crash with this line left in. If you open the meta up in a text editor and remove the no_ios_reload it should work fine. Also make sure your rom is not a bad or hacked dump as this could also cause problems.
It is also in the HBC 1.0.8 and I'm not sure if that's the problem, but wthigon should try that and see if it works. Other than that you could try re-downloading SNES9xGX from here.
June 03, 2011 04:09AM
I followed your suggestion and removed that line, but it didn't seem to work. It keeps doing the same thing.
June 06, 2011 07:35AM
By "nintendo" you mean "FCEUltraGX" right? It has pretty much the same ui code (from what I can tell) as Snes9xGX, so if NES works, SNES should as well.

The games that you've tried, are they zipped? If they are, maybe try unzipping them in case there are other files in the zip. Also, are you loading from an SD Card or USB? If SD, make sure it's not write protected as both of those games use SRAM.
August 05, 2011 08:55PM
are you still having the same issue? what technoman is talking about is in fact a known issue and his suggestion does work. I had to do the same .xml edit on 3 different apps because those emulators kept crashing on me. I don't know if it makes much of a difference and I'm sure technoman can verify but what I did after deleting that specific line was to move the line below it back up a line so there weren't any spaces between the lines. Also, when you removed the line did you make sure to save your changes?

This post was around 2 months ago so you probably fixed it by now. If not, try those little things and see if that helps you. Good luck!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login