Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Tantric's emulator channel installer questions.

Posted by Mestizo 
Tantric's emulator channel installer questions.
June 13, 2011 09:45PM
I have a few questions about Tantric's emulators SNES9XGX, FCE Ultra GX, and Visual Boy Advance GX. I noticed, in the download page, for an option of a channel installer for each.

1. Are they generally safe? If it matters, I'm on 4.3U, and my Wii is an "LU71" model.
2. Is there any benefit, other than convenience to run them through the channel than the Homebrew Channel?
3. Is the channel installer available on Homebrew Browser?
4. How many blocks does each emulator take?

I am aware this is about WADs, but it's also something of an option from a download provided on the site, so I believe asking about it is covered under WiiBrew's posting policy. If I'm wrong, then please delete the post.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2011 09:49PM by Mestizo.
Re: Tantric's emulator channel installer questions.
June 13, 2011 10:41PM
This is not about WADs. Channels =/= WADs.

Anyway,

1. They are (although I'd probably advise against unless you have Priiloader or BootMii/boot2, but I'm paranoid) and it doesn't.
2. Nope, purely for convenience.
3. Not sure, I think it is. But it's really not hard to download the files and stick them on the SD card manually.
4. Dunno, haven't used them myself.
June 15, 2011 01:03PM
Hey there!

I am very paranoid about bricks, stones and paperweights too,
but regarding Tantric Forwarder Channels they work superbly
awesomely magically nice. Go ahead and plug them on!

It very good to just turn on the Wii and click on a NES or SNES
channel to load a emulator, instead of opening HomeBrew Channel
and then launching the emulators from there.

To install, just copy the installers (in their respective folders)
inside your APPS on the SD and run HomBrew Channel.

After installing, remove the installers from the SD card.
It's done!

It's time to play Dirty Harry on NES, baby!
Cospefogo.
June 25, 2011 11:20PM
Most of the Channel's for Tantrics emulators only take about 1-3 blocks of Wii memory space. Not much at all. I have them all & they work excellent. If you have kids it's really nice because they can go right to the channel for the games without going into the Homebrew channel where they could accidentally delete anything. I have 2 kids & these channels are a dream come true. I assure you anything Tantric puts out in his name is a masterpiece & he does frequent updates for all his work. The channels are well done & Wilsoff & Mr.nick666 did an amazing job & had a huge part in making these. You have nothing to fear & they are done the right way which is how Wiibrew wants them done which is why they are available for download on the Homebrew Browser.
September 04, 2011 04:25PM
My games save on the wiiflow channel but won't save on any of the other channels (SNES9XGX, FCE Ultra GX, and Visual Boy Advance GX and the genesis one). I have to go into the wiiflow channel and select the game instead of selecting it in the homebrew menu. It's been downloaded 2ice now with the same result, it keeps saying it can't find the mass storage device.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login