Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SNES9x GX 4.0 Preview Video

Posted by TheManuel 
SNES9x GX 4.0 Preview Video
April 03, 2009 02:39PM
I don't know if this is old news to most people here but, just in case, check out a preview of the next release here:
SNES9x GX YouTube Video

I stumbled upon it by chance. I would have guessed I would find about it here first.

It shows a slick new, IR driven interface along with many new features.
This emulator is already a piece of work and it's about to get even better.

Kudos to the team.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2009 04:55PM by TheManuel.
Re: SNES9x GX 4.0 Preview Video
April 03, 2009 04:23PM
wow, that looks awesome!
April 04, 2009 01:07AM
Wow, that's amazing!
April 04, 2009 01:17AM
Very Impressive!
April 04, 2009 02:06AM
I have been waiting for the release since March 27.
April 05, 2009 03:51PM
ninjafish1990
I have been waiting for the release since March 27.
It must have been excruciating but never fear. The wait is over.
The emulator update just got released.
I'll check it out tonight.

Can't wait for the rest of the family to get updated.
The XXXXGX Team had been quitely toiling on this one to surprise us with this massive update.

From the Wiki:
4.0.0 - April 4, 2009
New GX-based menu, with a completely redesigned layout. Has Wiimote IR support, sounds, graphics, animation effects, and more
Thanks to the3seashells for designing some top-notch artwork, to Peter de Man for composing the music, and a special thanks to shagkur for fixing libogc bugs that would have otherwise prevented the release
Onscreen keyboard for changing save/load folders and network settings
Menu configuration options (configurable exit button, wiimote orientation, volumes)
Configurable button mapping for superscope, mouse and justifier
New save manager, allowing multiple saves and save browsing. Shows screenshots for Snapshot saves, and save dates/times
Experimental hq2x filter, contributed by michniewski
April 05, 2009 04:39PM
I'm more interested in libwiigui :P

JK. This emulator is unbelievably stylish. I especially like how cheats work now.
April 05, 2009 09:29PM
its great, i have a question though, how do u get the cheats? like theres a folder for the cheats but wat do i put in there?
April 05, 2009 10:53PM
Did you read the included readme, or the wiibrew page? Apparently not..
April 06, 2009 12:05AM
The interface looks amazing, but I think the option to delete savestates/snapshots would be very beneficial and convenient. But Other than that, this release is M-azing in the extreme. Great work Guys! (and any Gals involved, ^_^)
April 06, 2009 04:19AM
Wow, this is infinitely more usuable than past versions. My only complaint: it's kind of hard to tell which button is selected. The yellow/blue scheme is kind of ambiguous.

I'm loving the save manager though. It's pretty much perfect (just needs the ability to delete).
April 06, 2009 03:08PM
I installed it last night.
To my surprise, even the old version was self-updating so I went that route.

The new interface is outstanding and has much welcomed sound effects and background audio.
My only gripe is that you can no longer enter the settings menu and return to the game you were playing so you cannot play with the new filters and immediately see the results in the same game unless you save and load states. This is just a minor annoyance and I bet it was done on purpose to avoid error states.

Speaking of filters, the h2qx bold, in particular, looks very, very nice although it does seem to slow emulation down a bit. I'll have to check it out with other games to be sure.

Overall, this was already a great emulator port before the updates and it is hard to think at this point, what else could be asked from it. It is as good an emulator as it gets for the Wii.

Great job!
April 06, 2009 11:30PM
Wow guys, this update was a great step up. i had to close my jaw at the magnitude of this update.

i was just barely thinking of a better menu for snes9xgx while playing a game, i hit the home button, and get it updated to an even better version!

Marvelous work!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login