Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

problems with MAME roms.

Posted by VidgamerX 
problems with MAME roms.
June 20, 2011 12:00AM
I'm having problems with a number of the games for the MAME emulator. I have a little over a dozen games I enjoy, but all except 4 give me the same error. It says that its missing some ROM or CHD files.

Also, I made sure that the games I have are on the mame compatability list. And the games that are giving me this problem work just fine on my computer. What can I do to solve this problem?
Re: problems with MAME roms.
July 31, 2011 10:25AM
the problem lies in your roms. you may not believe this, but that is the case. allow me to explain:

mame wii (who seriously needs an update to support spider-man btw) works on a different mame base thant your current PC build. it requres a certain set of roms to run properly.
now, most mame roms out there are poorly ripped. they work on the newer windows versions because they are compiled differently, but they are in fact corrupted and do not work anywhere else.

so long story short, you need fixed mame roms, good dumps, those you have are corrupted, believe it or not.
August 05, 2011 08:34PM
Ok, thank you for explaining it to me. I really appreciate it!
November 14, 2011 05:21PM
I agree with Yoghurt. When I find a game not wanting to work in MAME on Wii, I will try to run it under MAME for my Mac. About 90% of the time I will get an error that the ROM does not work because of "X" and look at the log that the MAcMAME EMU displays.

You can copy paste this error message into Google and 99% of the time will have a detailed explanation of what is wrong or missing from the ROM and where to find a better one.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login