Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SNES9xGX 4.0 errors

Posted by XFelixX 
SNES9xGX 4.0 errors
April 07, 2009 08:19PM
I got DSI errors on Thses games so far:

Chrono Trigger while entering the cheat menu.
Zombies ate my Neighbors, while entering cheat menu.
---
These games won't load; once i click on the game, it fades, but doesnt open the loading bar, and i cant turn it off/reset.

Super Mario World.

---
And there are some major inconveniences in saving snapshots. it returns to the loader once i save a snapshot.
i was playing Donkey Kong Country 2, and some way through the level, i like to save a snapshot in case i die. (my favorite part of emulators lol)
when the emulator quits and i return to the loader every time i save, it makes me so frustrated, i almost throw the controller. but i dont.
Re: SNES9xGX 4.0 errors
April 07, 2009 09:23PM
I've also noticed that the widescreen correction seems a little... off. Like it's a bit too wide or something. Definitely different from previous versions.

Also, the date/time display for saves is completely wrong.

EDIT: Also not a big fan of the auto saving system. It should save to a preexisting .srm not create a completely new one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2009 09:38PM by the_mario.
April 08, 2009 01:34AM
i dont think it auto loads the srm when i tell it to either.
April 08, 2009 06:50PM
Bugs.

Report them at the Google Code page (I think it is snes9x-gx.googlecode.com)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2009 06:51PM by DanielHueho.
April 08, 2009 07:03PM
the_mario
Also, the date/time display for saves is completely wrong.

EDIT: Also not a big fan of the auto saving system. It should save to a preexisting .srm not create a completely new one.

Date/time comes from libfat. Not a bug in Snes9x GX.
Autosaving was set up this way, for a save to be loaded automatically it must have Auto on the end now. Other saves are numbered.
April 08, 2009 07:04PM
XFelixX
i dont think it auto loads the srm when i tell it to either.

It will, if your save has Auto at the end of the name (rename it!). Otherwise, you'll have to load the save the first time, and then (optionally) delete the old save file.
April 08, 2009 10:12PM
The first time I fired up 4.0 I clicked on super mario world - my wiimote's pointer works and the all of my games show up. I can scroll through them, but whenever I click on something nothing happens. there's no way to go back to the homebrew channel or load a game - I have to press the power button.

After resetting, I realized that other games worked - it must be that one game that 'crashes' it. I guess that's the same as the OP.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2009 10:21PM by Ibrewii.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login