Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Loadmii not showing in HBC?

Posted by desm 
Loadmii not showing in HBC?
February 04, 2013 04:28AM
apps (root of SD card) > loadMii

I then went to the HBC and it isn't showing up there. What am I supposed to do?
Re: Loadmii not showing in HBC?
February 04, 2013 07:46AM
What does it look like inside the Loadmii folder?
February 04, 2013 04:44PM
Everything that comes from a download, nothing was moved around or touched.

Folders: source, include, build, and .git
The rest: README, Makefile, loadMii.elf, and loadMii.dol
February 04, 2013 05:26PM
you can delete everything apart from loadmii.dol, which should be renamed to boot.dol. Then it will show up (deleting everything else isn't essential, there's just no point keeping unnecessary files there).
February 04, 2013 10:25PM
That got it to show up, but it then says it's not a valid application.

I tried again with everything in the file and only renamed loadmii.dol to boot.dol but then the HBC greeted me with a black screen and I could do nothing.

I then tried again, once again renaming loadmii.dol to boot.dol and deleting only the .elf, and the HBC became accessible again. It still says the application is not valid.

In all cases when the HBC is accessible, the Loadmii application lacks an icon and description. Could be because source/include/build/.git are folders? There are many folders within folders in them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2013 10:27PM by desm.
February 04, 2013 11:55PM
try deleting the dol and renaming loadmii.elf to boot.elf instead (HBC should load any properly made ELF or DOL, sounds like there is some problem with the DOL if your case)

EDIT: And it lacks an icon and description because it has no icon.png or meta.xml. As the names suggest, icon.png provides the icon and meta.xml the description/name/author/etc. Look at some other homebrew to understand the format of these files (icon.png needs to be a certain resolution, meta.xml is a fairly standard XML file with certain tags) and you can make them if you want. (Or try and find some someone else has made). Their absence (or presence) will not affect the operation of the app.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2013 11:57PM by SifJar.
February 05, 2013 12:06AM
Not a valid application. >_<
February 05, 2013 01:21AM
Loadmii isn't designed to be loaded from HBC, why are you trying to do that?
February 05, 2013 02:14AM
I haven't looked into making it its own channel. I will look into it.
February 05, 2013 11:24AM
desm
I haven't looked into making it its own channel. I will look into it.
It's not designed for that either, it's designed to be loaded directly from an exploit. But as I should probably have mentioned before; there is no point in loading it when you have HBC installed. HBC will run any app LoadMii will.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login