Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Silent Hill freezes on WiiSX, FFFFFFFFFF

Posted by XtremeSquishy 
Silent Hill freezes on WiiSX, FFFFFFFFFF
July 09, 2013 01:27AM
Okay, I'm going to give as much information as I can, just in case it helps solve the problem...

I downloaded the Homebrew Channel on my Wii using Letterbomb and the channel itself works fine. The issue is when I play Silent Hill on my WiiSX app. Gameplay seems to run smoothly until about a minute into the game. For people who have played Silent Hill, the freeze occurs randomly but it happens every time before I can even get to the encounter with those little grub-children (the inescapable death scene).

Again, the freeze is random, but it happens within 1-2 minutes of starting a new game. The gameplay freezes but the background audio continues to play. The only way out of it is through a hard power down (holding the power button on the Wii until it shuts down). My Wii is version 4.3U, WiiSX is version 2.1 beta, Silent Hill is a .bin/.cue file, however I've also tried with a Disc Image File (.img) with the same results. I've tried playing using both Dynarec and Interpreter, using both default dithering and no dithering, and the freeze has occurred every time.

This is one of my favorite games, so I would appreciate the help.
Thank you!
Re: Silent Hill freezes on WiiSX, FFFFFFFFFF
July 17, 2013 07:20PM
Unfortunately I have had the same problem with this game. It's mainly the emulator. A lot of games still have issues playing because the WiiSX has not been finished. Since there has been no update for it in years, it's hard to say when it will ever work. It seems many of my favorites don't work but again some do like Capcom vs. SNK & a few others. I wish someone else would pickup the project & it seems one guy has for the Wii64 but not the WiiSX. It's too bad though this emulator had excellent potential.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login