Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

DOSBox for Wii (Rev48)

Posted by DanielHueho 
DOSBox for Wii (Rev48)
May 09, 2009 11:10PM
Let's discuss the biggest next thing after canned food here, what about that? =D
Here is the download page, for the official release:
[code.google.com]

For anyone who wants to test the SVN, I will try to compile the latest source periodically (mainly just to kill some time XD):
[rapidshare.com]

Sadly enough, I don't own a USB keyboard yet T.T, but if someone tests Windows 3.1 for me, I would be glad =P

Props to Tantric and Carl Kenner for this port! And also for all working on SDL for Wii; it's really getting on the trails.

Edit: previous pack here: [rapidshare.com]

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2009 01:35PM by DanielHueho.
Re: DOSBox for Wii
May 10, 2009 08:48AM
I get a SDL error "Text has zero width" if this helps you out.
May 10, 2009 02:45PM
Damn =/
Try the new upload, if doesn't helps, report the issue to their SVN:
[code.google.com]
May 10, 2009 03:43PM
I can't wait until this is finished! I just hope it includes a way to map keys to wiimote buttons - for those who don't have/want to use a keyboard, since many DOS games only use arrow keys, CTRL, and ALT anyway.
May 10, 2009 06:55PM
AFAIK, in DOSBox, all the keys and commands can be configured through the internal keymapper, and the adjustments are saved in a mapper.txt file. So it's "just" (because is not that easy) a matter of adding support to the Wiimote buttons, to be accessible through the keymapper.

Anyway, I don't think this will take so long to be implemented;
May 12, 2009 12:12AM
Still no look. I saw a flash on screen to do with bad memory allocation. I'll try to get you more information tonight.
May 15, 2009 10:13PM
Is there a way to load and play games without a keyboard? Like put somewhere in the config file the location of the game to automatically load?
May 16, 2009 12:24AM
Ibrewii
Is there a way to load and play games without a keyboard? Like put somewhere in the config file the location of the game to automatically load?

Yes, it is, but for now, only with games that only need a mouse, I suppose. Here is an example, created by Tantric himself, using a freeware game:

[www.wiibrew.org]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/16/2009 12:25AM by DanielHueho.
May 16, 2009 08:21PM
Ibrewii
I can't wait until this is finished! I just hope it includes a way to map keys to wiimote buttons - for those who don't have/want to use a keyboard, since many DOS games only use arrow keys, CTRL, and ALT anyway.

Yea it would be great to have the Wiimote d-pad mapped to the cursor keys, 1 and 2 to ctrl and alt, and perhaps A & B mapped to space and enter.

That should cover most of the shareware games of the early 90s! :D
May 20, 2009 04:08AM
DOS box wii version works for me. You will need a usb keyboard so you can use the old dos commands like cd or dir. here is a link to a game that does work decient on it.ITs not pirated so it should be allowed on the forums. its a old homebrew game.
its a simple DOS mario game with snes graphics.
There is no music or controller support in the game but it has sound. it runs a little slow. In the dosbox.confg file make the cpu cycles 3000 and it may help or use the frame skip feature.

left-control is run
left alt is jump
space bar is shoot fire balls.

PC Mario DOS

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2009 04:09AM by Captain_N.
June 25, 2009 06:06PM
Hi,
I'm Frenh and I want to know if you meet a problem with the mouse cursor when you used the wiimote ??
Because, my wiimote don't go all over the screen... She's seems locked in a hidden square which is 1 / 4 of the screen, it's strange...
All my games do this (Ecoquest 1 and 2, Innocent, guilty, Dune I and 2...) :-(
Thanks
Re: DOSBox for Wii (Rev48)
June 26, 2009 12:00PM
Did you tried the official build?
June 27, 2009 09:46AM
No, but I test sensibility mouse = 200 and it's best... and more more fast !
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login