Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help with DVDx

Posted by jedimaster_att 
Help with DVDx
May 15, 2009 04:06AM
Strait up noob here needing some help, I just installed homebrew onto my 4.0U version wii via the SD card. Everything is great I love it, but I am not sure I understand the DVDx. Am I supposed to be able to watch DVDs on my wii? I have it installed or so it says on my "view installed apps" page and it is checked with a green check mark, but it says it installed a small hidden channel on the wii, should I actully be looking for a small hidden channel, if so were is it? any help would be appreciated.
thanks.
Re: Help with DVDx
May 15, 2009 05:09AM
It just enables the ability to read DVD video, if I remember right.
You still need to download a media player (There are a tonne on the HBB)
May 15, 2009 05:09AM
ALSO...
i have noticed that when I install the DVDx from homebrew I belive it puts a "pacman" file onto my SD card, this file was not there before the install...yet I cant find anything "pacman" on homebrew or my WII, is there a relation, is this the hidden channel?
May 15, 2009 05:17AM
Pacman file? I installed DVDx via the hackmii installer, and I don't have anything of the sort on my card.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/15/2009 05:17AM by PhoenixTank.
May 15, 2009 04:36PM
Thanks, So now I have also installed MPlayer "the movie player" and I am now able to watch dvds. I made sure by watching "Office Space".
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login