Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

HBC Question

Posted by fishears 
HBC Question
September 06, 2008 12:25PM
I installed HBC with the Twilight Hack. Fine. What I want to know is: If HBC ever got screwed up (because of a system update or something else) would I be able to reinstall it from an SD card backup I have made? Or would it fail a signature check or some other security?
Thanks
Re: HBC Question
September 06, 2008 04:28PM
Not yet. Try not to update right away in the future though.
September 29, 2008 11:29PM
so I didn't know where else to put this...so...has there been any thought about possibly making the wii boot to the HBC instead of sysmenu in the future, thatd be pretty darn cool if possible.
September 30, 2008 12:07AM
Good idea. You could have made your own topic for your idea though.
September 30, 2008 02:01AM
there ARE some disks with something called "Auto Boot" that boots the disk before the Menu, but that, in theory, requires a hacked IOS or drivechip; both of which could easily hack your Wii.
September 30, 2008 02:09AM
My best advice, next time nintendo releases a system update, check with wiibrew.org or hackmii.com before installing the update.
September 30, 2008 02:32AM
Hackmii is usually the first to the information about updates, but Wiibrew is more detailed. To answer your original question, an SD card backup doesn't work on a 3.3 system.
October 03, 2008 07:22PM
A systemmenu patch to boot into HBC directly (or on a keypress) should be possible. (and I like that idea ;-))
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login