Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Problem running ROMs via smb on FCE Ultra GX

Posted by lorddunlow 
Problem running ROMs via smb on FCE Ultra GX
May 28, 2009 12:47AM
I've searched for a solution to my problem, but I've had no luck. I just recently updated to fce ultra gx 3.0.3 (as well as the new versions of snes9x and vbagx) and have set up the smb shares. The emulators see the ROMs on my shares, but will only load the ones that are zipped. I can just zip every single ROM that isn't already zipped, but that would take a while. When I try to load any .nes, .gba, or .smc files via the shares I get a grey screen on FCE Ultra and a black screen on the others. These files load with no problems via SD card. Anyone know how to fix this? Like I said, I can fix this by just zipping all of the ROMs, but that's a lot of unnecessary work if there's another way to fix it. Thanks in advance.

p.s. These programs are awesome!
Re: Problem running ROMs via smb on FCE Ultra GX
May 28, 2009 01:00AM
Yes, there's a problem with 3.0.3. You'll either have to go back to 3.0.2, use SD, or wait for 3.0.4
June 06, 2009 08:24PM
@lorddunlow, I got all my roms from TPB, and they are all zipped . I can set aside the ones you want and put them in a downloadable group. Could you tell me how to set up this SMB thing though, i cant figure it out. I have over 1000 roms and dont want to have to load them all on a flash card.
June 06, 2009 08:59PM
Gladpants, thanks for the offer, but I have the newest version now which fixed the problem. The network settings just need to be edited to contain your pc ip address, share name, and password/username. My only problem now is not being able to save via smb.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login