Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Roms played online?

Posted by DanRoy 
Roms played online?
May 30, 2009 07:50PM
I'm not sure if this topic is in the correct area so i applogize a head of time.
My question is, is it possible to play NES roms in two player online>? LIke could i play River City Ransom at my place and my brother plays the same at his in 2 player mode??? I hope so! Help please ^^
THank you.
Re: Roms played online?
May 30, 2009 08:21PM
No. The NES was never intended to go online. Even if it was, emulators tend to only allow for multi-player on one console.
May 30, 2009 09:01PM
Could it be possible to go online on retro games on emulators?
May 31, 2009 12:16AM
Kezza826
Could it be possible to go online on retro games on emulators?

Yes, but it doesn't work as well as games that are designed for network multiplayer. What the emulators do is establish a connection between the players and assign each player a controller before you start the game and then just communicate the controller state every frame. So each player is emulating the game by themselves, but are receiving some controller data from the other players instead of all the controller data coming form different controller ports on the same console. It is tricky because missing one frame of controller data will cause the players to be very out of sync, but certainly possible, particularly for older consoles which have plenty of idle cycles for the emulators to handle the network.
May 31, 2009 08:33PM
google zSnes or Snes9x. They have 'netplay.' You will have to configure some options first. NOTE: This is only for the PC Emulators, I don't think you can with the wii.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login