Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Can't play DVD

Posted by z_zz 
Can't play DVD
May 31, 2009 03:08AM
I've installed HBC, DVDX, and BootMii using the Hackmii installer 0.2. I've also installed MPlayerCE 0.61. When I tried to play a DVD with MPlayerCE, all I get is the message "Mounting DVD, please wait", and nothing happens.

I was able to play the DVD for a few minutes about a month ago with an older version of HBC, DVDX and MPlayerCE, but could not get it to work again since.

I wonder if I have installed DVDX correctly since I cannot even tell if it is loaded.

Can anyone please help?
Re: Can't play DVD
June 05, 2009 10:34AM
Same problem than you.

Do you have a modchip installed on your Wii like me?

I tried also to uninstall my DVDx, install patchMii core, reinstall DVDx with PachMii option. Like this, when I launch MPlayer CE, the Wii crash on a black screen and I have to do long push on power button to switch off it.

Please, how to proceed?
June 05, 2009 07:44PM
Not all DVD's will work. I tried lots of different DVD's, and Pirates of the Carribean was basically the only one that worked. I thought that that was normal.
June 06, 2009 03:06PM
Playing DVD's on my Wii works fine. I downloaden the Christmas Pack Mplayer via Homebrew Browser via my internet-connection on my Wii. Recently I also got an update for Homebrew and DVDX. Of course I have this since yesterday, but I played three different DVD's on it (Star Wars 3, Crime Busters and Pirates of the Carribean) they all work fine. Only one problem: Sound and video sometimes don't run at the same time so the mouth of the actor is moving and sound is delayed for about 1-2 seconds...

I do not use a modchip...Just installed homebrew and back-up loader and it works great. Cheats, DVD's and Emulators you name it never had any problems with it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2009 03:08PM by DarthSidious.
June 06, 2009 03:47PM
DarthSidious, enable frame skipping in the options. Think it is under video.
Also, please don't talk about that loader program...
June 06, 2009 04:08PM
DarthSidious, refrain from talking about warez launchers please. Kthnx
June 06, 2009 09:07PM
I had problems with MplayerCE 0.61 so I just downloaded the previous release to it and i've got it working also I tried two copied DVDs and they worked fine.
September 04, 2009 11:13AM
i have no problems playing DVD's iether, MPlayerCE works A~O~K~ To me. xD
September 04, 2009 01:22PM
Only one problem: Sound and video sometimes don't run at the same time so the mouth of the actor is moving and sound is delayed for about 1-2 seconds...

i think all have that problem, mine only does it somtimes
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login