Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Homebrew browser downloading trouble.

Posted by Alexthewolf 
Homebrew browser downloading trouble.
June 09, 2009 04:03AM
Um, I've been having this issue with the homebrew browser. whenever I try to download something it just skips quickly over the downloading and extracting bars and says "Problem Checking boot.dol/elf file". I have both a "boot.dol" AND a "boot.elf" file on the main SD card directory! please help!
Re: Homebrew browser downloading trouble.
June 09, 2009 05:52AM
Interesting, are you on the latest version of HBB? 0.3.2? Also, the Browser isn't going to look at either boot.dol or boot.elf unless it's in a folder inside your apps folder, so the files you have in your root should be inconsequential.
June 13, 2009 07:48AM
i am having this same problem.
June 14, 2009 02:50AM
Can you try formatting your SD card?
When you first loaded the HBB do you remember it downloading the a temp images zip file?
August 10, 2009 10:38PM
I found a fix for the “problem checking boot.dol/elf file” problem. Look in all your app folders for a “boot.elf” file. I deleted it and the problem is solved and I can download again just like before.

In my case it was in my DVDx file.
August 18, 2009 05:45AM
gee, thnx karen, it wouldn't let me select anything on the homebrew(channel) at least i downloaded a new file, but when i did, it still says problems... .dol/.elf and yada yada yada, any other ideas?
February 20, 2011 05:09AM
i am having a similar problem when i try to download everything just freezes up i can't download anything. please help.
February 20, 2011 05:12AM
i will try what karen sugested in the mean time
February 20, 2011 05:54AM
OMG i am so stupid!!! i apoligize for my last 2 posts somehow i had hbc on offline mode. don't really know how it got like that but went through my settings and tgere it was can downlod now, sorry everyone.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login