Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

VBAG cheats?

Posted by kydo 
VBAG cheats?
June 17, 2009 05:38AM
i am writing this via dsi so i will make it short.
with the gba emulator on home brew.
can u use game shark codes on it?
if so is there a tutorial?
and does it work like a normal gameshark would?
Re: VBAG cheats?
June 18, 2009 01:44PM
im pretty sure there arent any cheats enabled on it yet
June 22, 2009 11:37PM
will there ever be?
June 23, 2009 12:11AM
Possibly, if Tantric includes them :P
June 23, 2009 01:18AM
heard that he isnt.
but thats probley just a rumor
June 23, 2009 04:27AM
no. I'd say you're screwed. I thought the point of an emulator was to play it accurately? Not with cheats.
But it would be funny if Tantric included a zsnes style cheat function with finding values and replacing them =p. Make noobs work for their cheats lol.
June 27, 2009 08:26PM
actually the point of an emulator is to be as good OR better than the original. simulating would be trying to be as good. having the options of cheats would obviously make it better
June 27, 2009 08:44PM
I know how you could apply cheats!! I'll give you a step-by-step tutorial!!!

Lets use super mario bros. 3 as an example!

1.) Go to the wii shop channel.

2.) BUY the game (instead of illegally downloading a ROM)

3.) Get gecko os, and apply cheats to the channel of your game!

There it is! An easy, step-by-step guide on how to cheat on GBA games!! Have fun!

Edit: Changed to super mario bros. 3, apparently super mario bros. isn't a GBA game. :P

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2009 08:55PM by WaxyPumpkin72.
June 27, 2009 09:29PM
But if you already own the game, why should you buy it again? In this case, cheats on emulators would be more appealing.
June 27, 2009 09:33PM
MattMan
But if you already own the game, why should you buy it again?

Erm, are you saying that if you already own the actual GBA game, its okay to download the ROM?
June 27, 2009 09:35PM
I believe it is.
June 27, 2009 09:38PM
OKay, then. Here's a quote from nintendo.com:

Nintendo.com
What are Nintendo ROMS?

A Nintendo ROM ("Read Only Memory") is the type of chip used in Nintendo's video game cartridge which contains the game software. However, this term is commonly used on many gaming sites on the Internet and refers to game data that was copied from an authentic Nintendo video game cartridge.

What is a Nintendo Video Game Emulator?

A Nintendo emulator is a software program that is designed to allow game play on a platform that it was not created for. A Nintendo emulator allows for Nintendo console based or arcade games to be played on unauthorized hardware. The video games are obtained by downloading illegally copied software, i.e. Nintendo ROMs, from Internet distributors. Nintendo ROMs then work with the Nintendo emulator to enable game play on unauthorized hardware such as a personal computer, a modified console, etc.

Can I Download a Nintendo ROM from the Internet if I Already Own the Authentic Game?

There is a good deal of misinformation on the Internet regarding the backup/archival copy exception. It is not a "second copy" rule and is often mistakenly cited for the proposition that if you have one lawful copy of a copyrighted work, you are entitled to have a second copy of the copyrighted work even if that second copy is an infringing copy. The backup/archival copy exception is a very narrow limitation relating to a copy being made by the rightful owner of an authentic game to ensure he or she has one in the event of damage or destruction of the authentic. Therefore, whether you have an authentic game or not, or whether you have possession of a Nintendo ROM for a limited amount of time, i.e. 24 hours, it is illegal to download and play a Nintendo ROM from the Internet.

How Does Nintendo Feel About the Emergence of Video Game Emulators?

The introduction of emulators created to play illegally copied Nintendo software represents the greatest threat to date to the intellectual property rights of video game developers. As is the case with any business or industry, when its products become available for free, the revenue stream supporting that industry is threatened. Such emulators have the potential to significantly damage a worldwide entertainment software industry which generates over $15 billion annually, and tens of thousands of jobs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2009 09:38PM by WaxyPumpkin72.
June 27, 2009 09:42PM
Wow, this is not how I was informed! Perhaps someone could explain how to legally play your games on emulators?
June 27, 2009 09:46PM
Well, AFAIK, you can't. The only reason emulators are supported here is because some emulators aren't necessarily illegal. ROMS aren't necessarily illegal, either, but downloading one from the internet is.

Edit: Thanks for not trying to justify that downloading one is legal! :D I appreciate you not trying to start a fight!! :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2009 09:46PM by WaxyPumpkin72.
June 27, 2009 09:48PM
Is there a way to obtain a ROM without downloading it then?
June 27, 2009 09:51PM
I know of a way for N64 games, but not for GBA games. Nintendo doesn't say you're not allowed to make a backup of your own game. It's only illegal to re-distribute it. It's just like burning a CD from iTunes or something. You can make as many duplicates of a song that you want, but it's illegal to give the duplicate to another person. If you want me to tell you how to backup a 64 game, i can, but i don't know how to get a ROM from any other kind of "cartridge" game.

Edit: Here's the link to the nintendo.com page that i got my quote from. :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2009 09:53PM by WaxyPumpkin72.
June 27, 2009 10:03PM
No thanks, because I don't own any N64 games, but I do have Sega Genesis and Game Boy Color games if anyone knows how to run these on emulators.
June 28, 2009 12:02AM
June 28, 2009 06:59PM
WaxyPumpkin72
MattMan
But if you already own the game, why should you buy it again?

Erm, are you saying that if you already own the actual GBA game, its okay to download the ROM?
Super Mario Bros. is a GBA game? And, actually, it's legal to dump your own ROM.

Edit:Ignore the second half of my comment. You've already reached that conclusion.

Edit 2:However, aren't the software laws in every country different? Which is why ROM sites are hosted on servers in countries with poor software laws. (Look at how the pirate bay was hosted in Sweden for years until only recently when Sweden cracked down and imprisoned the people behind the site)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2009 07:03PM by Arikado.
June 28, 2009 10:23PM
Arikado
Super Mario Bros. is a GBA game?

[www.gamespot.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login