Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WiiSPACE

Posted by seiken 
WiiSPACE
June 23, 2009 06:51AM
Just released the first version of my game. Hopefully it's okay to make a thread about it! Here's a link to the wiki page with the download and everything.

It's a space shooter inspired a little bit by Geometry Wars, but with cool features like 4-player multiplayer and bosses and things like that. If you enjoy that sort of thing, I'm sure you'll like it :) Would be honoured if you guys were to download it and play it and tell me what you think! Or if you have any questions or anything.
Re: WiiSPACE
June 23, 2009 07:44PM
I'll try it out. I'm sure it'll be great! :D
June 24, 2009 01:04AM
seiken... dude... awesome!

Well done man, i started it up to take a quick look and ended up playing for about 40 minutes! I'll be leaving that baby on my wii.

Look forward to learning a few things you did from the source code.
June 24, 2009 01:59AM
Sweet man! Yeah I'm gonna wait a bit and make sure there's no huge bugs (unlikely) and then try and get it on the homebrew browser. And I'll release the source as well.
June 24, 2009 02:21PM
This game is truly amazing. Thanks so much for making it :)

(Also, this section is for threads about peoples apps/releases but unfortunately is infatuated with app help topics <_<)
June 29, 2009 01:29AM
Thanks for your kind words Arikado, I'm glad you like it :)
For those interested, the game's now on the homebrew browser (thanks technikal) and the source is up on the wiki page.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2009 01:51AM by seiken.
June 29, 2009 07:28PM
Yes! This is really a good game! :)
June 30, 2009 08:38PM
This was my first homebrew download... good job!!! I def enjoy this game! :thumbsup
July 05, 2009 05:01PM
Thanks chaps :)
I've just released version 1.1, with a few sweet changes.

Get it super-early before it's up on the homebrew browser from the wiki! :)
July 05, 2009 10:18PM
the controlls are , well ...different..
but great job.
its a fun game pretty hard.
i keep dieing. >.<

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/2009 10:19PM by kydo.
July 08, 2009 07:38PM
This game is amazing. I will play it always.
July 10, 2009 12:46AM
Very fun game.
Makes Geomotry wars seem outdated.
This ones staying on my SD card for good.

I like the vector lines style a good lot.
July 11, 2009 02:02AM
This game is the bomb, dude!
July 11, 2009 06:27AM
Thanks everyone who likes it :)

Version 1.2 is up on the wiki now. The big change is that now you can send your scores to an online table! how nifty is that
Also, thanks to shadow1w2 for testing the classic controller support (I don't have any).
July 13, 2009 05:10PM
I feel silly releasing another version so soon but here is 1.2a
It fixed a bug or two with something secret so I can't talk about it
July 13, 2009 09:40PM
Fantastic game, Seiken! My friends and I played all morning yesterday to beat the high score (for 3p), only to beat it, then have it like quadrupled by the former leader merely hours later. Very exciting for us, quite a challenge indeed. Kudos!!!
July 13, 2009 10:02PM
Haha sorry guys, that was me and a couple friends :P
But I'm stoked you like the game! Single-player is fun but I think it really shines in multiplayer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/13/2009 10:02PM by seiken.
July 14, 2009 07:26AM
Yep, the multiplayer is killer. Pretty tough game, actually. I'm really just a gamer, not much of a coder, but I do have some suggestions, if you're interested?
July 14, 2009 04:07PM
Of course I can't guarantee that I'll like all your suggestions but sure go for it!
I also might take a little while to get round to stuff.
July 14, 2009 09:17PM
Ooooh, I just played this, and I really enjoyed it! To tell you the truth, when I first saw this thread, I was like "Oh no, another dumb homebrew game. I don't think I'll waste my SD card space by downloading this." But, I decided to get it, and I was completely wrong! This game is awesome, thanks for putting time into making it!! :D
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login