Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WiiSPACE

Posted by seiken 
Re: WiiSPACE
July 15, 2009 10:00PM
Well, maybe I've just played too much Smash T.V., but it would be great if the (a,b,x,y) buttons on the classic controller shot in corresponding directions. I have trouble with the R-analog bacause it locks into place for the 8 directions, it just doesn't feel as comfortable to me as having a button pushed down. But, like I said, maybe I'm just too old school. :) Still a great game, nonetheless.
July 18, 2009 03:00AM
Whatever this secret is in the latest version, I'm very excited about it. Any hints?

Possible changes to the game:
1) Difficulty Modes (easy, medium, hard, expert)
2) More Powerups (enemy seeking bullets, faster ship, slow down all enemies (bullet time style), etc...)
3) The ability to have a shield on and hold the bomb powerup
4) Score Multiplier indicator.
July 18, 2009 03:06AM
By the way, I am a MAJOR fan of this game. My friend and I play it exclusively on my wii. Thanks for the great game!
July 18, 2009 03:57AM
The secret has been in the whole time :)
There's a hint to it on the main menu screen...

As for the score multiplier, it's already there but maybe off the screen because of the overscan -- if you look on the wiki help for the configuration file you might be able to fix it! 3. is by design, but I do like the slow down enemies idea... and thanks I'm glad you like it!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2009 04:00AM by seiken.
July 19, 2009 06:31PM
Just got the configuration file fixed. Now I see the multiplier (and how many lives I have)! Thanks for your hard work on this game.

Now that this game is nearly done, do you have plans for any others?
July 20, 2009 06:30PM
I would like to make another but I haven't come up with an idea I like yet
Anyone got any? I can't really do graphics and I don't like RPGs but apart from that...
July 20, 2009 09:01PM
I have yet to see a Tower Defense or Warlords type game...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/20/2009 09:01PM by Arikado.
July 27, 2009 07:18PM
Seiken,

I played the game multi-player for the first time this weekend. It was great. We spent way too many hours trying to one up our own scores.

I have a few suggestions and wanted to know what you thought. I’m by no means a programmer, so I really have no idea of the feasibility of these ideas – but take them for what they are.

1. Have you considered letting a ship pick up multiple bombs? I think that one is at a slight disadvantage if they chose a bomb over a shield, but letting a ship have up to three of those deadly payloads on board could really prove to be something special. This would, in multi-player… give rise to different “roles” for players to fill. The extra bombs could even slow the ship down 5% for each additional payload it is carrying. Expanding on this “roles” concept - it would be neat if one ship in the group could have two shields instead of just one. Then we could have a Shielder, a Bomber, and a Magic Shooter as three almost distinct roles in the game. (Maybe you could pick up a double shield, but you would loose it if you picked up a magic shooter powerup)

2. I think that players should be able to step out of the game. If you had a 3-player game going, it would say “player 4 is on vacation”. Any if your buddy shows up late, he could hop right in and start playing with the group. Also, at any time, you should be able to take yourself out of the game (and rejoin later if you want). Because the Chaser boss (that one boss that breaks into smaller and smaller pieces - Cyan Hexagons – I believe) is easier to beat if you only have 1 player in play. So, basically, he drains all of the remaining lives from our group, then we are forced to rebuild after we defeat him. (Also, on a side note, there is no time to recover after the Chaser boss is defeated – the next group of guys comes too quickly.)

3. Another ability I thought of would be a hyperspace jump. By pressing C (or any button of the designer’s choice). Your ship would jump. Depending on what the designer wanted, it could be to a random point on the screen and the ship could be invulnerable for a moment (like when you respawan). OR, you could jump to a point where your pointer is pointing and press C again to complete the jump – maybe giving the player up to 2 seconds to choose where to jump to, or the game will force the jump.

4. Also my cousin (who has never played) and is used to commercially produced Wii games insisted that there needs to be a way to play over the internet. I am pretty sure this would be very difficult to implement and I like having everybody in the same room anyway. What fun would it be to read the thing at the end of the game when it shows the score that says something similar to “player # is a real swell guy.” If You are alone – right? You need to be in the same room to laugh at each other and coordinate who will grab the powerup. So, don’t listen to my cousin – you don’t need Internet play – it won’t enhance the experience… it would only take away form it.

5. What about giving each player a name instead of Player 1 and slightly different ship designs to choose from?

Thank you so much for making this game. It's the best one on the Wii so far.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2009 07:32PM by bagbro2.
July 31, 2009 03:15PM
I don't have time to reply properly right now, but thank you for taking the time to give me such an in-depth ideas list thingy! Some of them I definitely like, and some of them I'll have a good think about
October 26, 2009 10:01AM
dude... this game is SERIOUS THING. Me and my girlfriend get hooked with your babe trying to beat each other scores.
We are an spanish graphic designers and electronic art developers couple, and believe me, you made ART!

We love it so much and we have some suggestions/questions we would like to share with you.

1. Glow effect: Could it be possible? We feel that just a little shiny effect would look reaaaaally pretty.
2. Music: it's a difficult choice. Sometimes we feel some music would be awesome, sometimes we just love to listen just the shoots. So, maybe a "music on/off" option would be great.

Anyway, the game as it is, it's simply GREAT.

nice work.
big respect.
October 27, 2009 01:30AM
nm

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2009 04:53AM by mdbrim.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login