Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WiiDoom needs to be recompiled

Posted by funkamatic 
WiiDoom needs to be recompiled
June 24, 2009 03:06AM
The last recompile was pre-SDHC support. Can someone please update it?!?

wiki page
source code page
Re: WiiDoom needs to be recompiled
June 25, 2009 09:59PM
this can't be too hard, can someone just tell me how to do it? Don't you just copy and paste the source code in to devkitpro and compile it with the new libogc?

PLEASE HELP, I love this game.
June 25, 2009 10:11PM
That's not nessacery,

I'm assuming you have an SDHC card, and are having problems running wiidoom off of it.

You can boot Homebrew off a usb these days --> wiibrew.org

So then you won't have to go through the problem of re-compiling everything (If the SDHC Card was the only problem)

Hope the above helped.

-- Legend28469
June 25, 2009 11:03PM
It's just a case of having the latest libogc, downloading the source firing up a terminal/command prompt and typing "make" after navigating to the right folder. I should be able to do it tomorrow. maybe someone else will have done it by then, but if not, i'll recompile and upload it for you.

EDIT: OK, I got the source and the latest libogc, but it won't compile. gives a load of errors. dunno why. don't know much about programming, so won't even BEGIN to try fixing it. Sorry

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/2009 11:44PM by SifJar.
June 26, 2009 12:23AM
I can try to recompile. I'll edit this post with the results.

No luck...
make[1]: *** [d_main.o] Error 1
"make": *** [build] Error 2

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/26/2009 12:44AM by bg4545.
June 26, 2009 11:39AM
I might try to recompile this once I get my new computer. My last one's motherboard is broken and new one hasn't come yet. If someone wants to do it before feel free, but I'm just telling that I can try this once I can.
June 26, 2009 12:02PM
Maybe (I don't really know) you need some file from original Doom to compile.
June 26, 2009 12:47PM
Well I don't know anything about coding but I'm pretty sure it's the fact that 'd_main.c' does not make 'd_main.o' like it should... I don't know why
June 26, 2009 02:11PM
Are there any specific rules in the makefile pointing to folders nonexistent on your pc? (For example change C:/Users/JohnSmith/Documents... to C:/Users/yourname/...)
June 26, 2009 02:19PM
Not that I know of... I can't check right now though so I'm not entirely sure
June 26, 2009 06:39PM
ugggh. There's no way I would know how to fix this. Maybe someone on the wiidev knows.
June 26, 2009 07:10PM
i got that same error btw.

EDIT: This is in the makefile
INCLUDES	:=	$(DEVKITPRO)/SDL-Port/include

But there is no 'SDL-Port' folder in my devkitpro directory. Could this be the problem? If so, where could I get that folder?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/26/2009 07:13PM by SifJar.
June 26, 2009 07:30PM
maybe from here [code.google.com]
June 26, 2009 08:44PM
Yeah, just found that myself, then read your post lol. I'm downloading it now. If this works I'll be back in about half an hour.

EDIT: Well that got me a bit further, but I'm not there yet. I need more libraries, which I'm downloading now.

EDIT: OK I think there's a problem with one of the files in the SDL library. I'll try a different version, see if that helps, otherwise I'll have to manually try to fix it. Anyone know what program can edit .a files?

EDIT: OK, I can't get it to work. Screw it. I don't have an SDHC card and I don't play WiiDoom ;p. Maybe someone more experienced can help, I can't.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/26/2009 10:52PM by SifJar.
June 26, 2009 10:51PM
.a files are compiled code called static libraries. The only way to edit them is to edit the source of them and then recompile them. If you have the source, you can use an IDE like PNP or Dev-C++ to edit them.
June 26, 2009 10:53PM
yeah, I give up. tried to get hep on #wiidev, but still, no good. I give up.
June 26, 2009 10:57PM
In that case, we should attempt to contact the developer and get him to update his application.

He has a website here: [wiidevelopment.blogspot.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/26/2009 10:58PM by Arikado.
June 30, 2009 07:05AM
Thanks for you help SifJar. Maybe this is a lost cause.
July 13, 2009 01:51PM
Well now I gave it a try and I were able to compile it (current sdl-wii needed more libs to linked than the one this one used originally) but it gives me a codedump when I try to boot it.
I think I'm not going to get deeper into this either.
July 16, 2009 01:51PM
thanks Dande, I suppose this is a lost cause.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login