Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Snes9x 4.0.7 Classic Controller Issue

Posted by jhinkle 
Re: Snes9x 4.0.7 Classic Controller Issue
September 22, 2009 06:58PM
if i buy it [molotok.ru] . Will be problem with Classic Controller solved ?
September 23, 2009 09:37PM
jhinkle
I installed the most recent release of the Homebrew channel and version 4.0.7 of snes9x on a 4.0u IOS. I can't seem to get my classic controllers to work. I have two controllers, both of which work with virtual console, and when I plug them in the wiimote it either stops working or moves sluggishly around the screen. I have this problem on the Nintendo, Snes, Genesis and the homebrew channel but I'm really only concerned with the snes9x stuff. The only information I found on the issue was to plug/unplug the controller from the wiimote or to reset everything with it plugged in. Neither of these work. Does anyone have any good suggestions about what to do? If you need anymore information let me know.

As a side note when I was reading up on the issue I saw other people mention a program that you can run that will let you register your wiimotes (sorry don't have time to look it up the name of the program now). Is this something that I need to install to get this working?

Did anyone find a solution to this problem?
December 11, 2009 04:46PM
Same issue here. I am pretty sure I have the original control as I have the wii logo in front and nintendo on the plug.
Wiimote lags in emulator screen and homebrew channel when I have the CC connected.
This sucks, I bought the CC just to play emulators =/

Any fix?
December 29, 2009 07:22AM
Hello, I've compiled a version that works with the nyko wing, I haven't tested it with the other controllers and I have to figure out why it isn't saving correctly, but at least it lets you play.

Note: plug it in once the game has started...

If anyone can host it please let me know, (7meg file) or pm me and i'll email. :)
January 03, 2010 12:44PM
awesome!
January 05, 2010 07:45PM
bump.
you have pm.
January 09, 2010 01:10AM
pm sent.
January 13, 2010 11:23AM
The only time cbtech2009 has been on this forum is that day to post that single reply..
Hope we get some clarification on this controller issue..
January 13, 2010 11:18PM
have you tried the newest one v4.1.5 you can use all i have for the wii but i cant save :( dont know why if you can help it will be great
January 16, 2010 04:01PM
yes I've tried v4.1.5, same thing..
January 19, 2010 08:49PM
hmmm did you check tha combatiblity list when you got it i got mine on tha wii brew sites and mine has all tha compatibilty controllers wii remote/nuchuk gamecube controller and the snes looking controller and also wii wifi and ......more sorry forgot the others
January 20, 2010 11:12AM
well yes I got it from wiibrew aswell.
This thread is about the classic controller that looks like the original but apparently isn't original.
January 24, 2010 08:30PM
Can I get the version that works with the Nyko Wing? I bought it not knowing it wouldn't work :(
January 25, 2010 12:54PM
I'ts strange, my classic controller is apparently not a original controller although it looks like one.
It doesn't work in any emulators but does however work perfectly with my pirated games. Can I have a ban please? Thanks.

Seriously, like we don't have enough big red warnings already. Moron.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2010 08:03PM by marcan.
January 26, 2010 04:21AM
I figured out a solution for 3rd party classic controller problems. I am sure that the authors of libogc and wiiuse know how to fix it, but like it has been said many times in many places, to support x amount of versions of hardware would be a waste of time. Here is how you can do it on your own if you want. You need to have devkitpro and have the ability to build libogc.

There are two issues at hand. The 3rd party classic controller is not sending the correct "encrypted expansion id code" and also it does not send the proper calibration data. The 3rd party classic controller I got, worked fine in regular games but not in homebrew.

The first thing is to find the correct encrypted expansion id code.

In io.c (of wiiuse) in the function wiiuse_handshake_expansion add the following code above switch(id) in case 3.

printf("WIIUSE EXP_ID: %x\n",id);

Compile libogc. Then compile the devkitpro wii template example. ie: "Hello World". You can follow the codemii tutorial 2. Load up the template example on the wii. It should say "Hello World". Plug your third party classic controller into the wiimote. The id code should pop up. For my controller it was 98999900.

Now, go into wiiuse_internal.h and modify #define EXP_ID_CODE_CLASSIC_CONTROLLER 0x... and put the code that you just got in the last step.

Go into classic.c and remove the WIIUSE_DEBUG("Classic.. to return 0; part (this step has been mentioned on other sites as a fix, but I also had to modify my id code).

No compile libogc again and compile any piece of homebrew that supports the classic controller and you should be all set. Note that if you do these modifications an official classic controller will now not work.

Hope this has been helpful.
January 29, 2010 09:45PM
i see alot of those classic controllers at walmart but i know this is a issue on the controller for the wii try getting the snes 4.0.7 or the newest one 4.1.5 and see if it works oh and one more thing did you update the wii????
January 29, 2010 10:35PM
Chaytup
Can I get the version that works with the Nyko Wing? I bought it not knowing it wouldn't work :(

well have you tried any other's with and the nyko wing??? is that a new type or classic conroller...........wait is it a wii controller if it is then yea but you might have to sync with tha wii for it to work but it should if not then well go complain at tha store lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2010 10:36PM by whitedragon.
January 31, 2010 03:19PM
are there any detailed guides for what ic3guy posted?
January 31, 2010 04:15PM
mrWiiman
are there any detailed guides for what ic3guy posted?
Tip: If you truly feel you need a guide in spite of the information provided by ic3guy, don't even think about bothering to try.
January 31, 2010 07:58PM
thanks Arikado!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login