Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How do I install Anyregion Chnager?

Posted by Videogamer 
How do I install Anyregion Chnager?
October 05, 2008 03:58AM
I've downloaded this software, but instead of just having a ".dol" file (executable), it also has some ".dat" files, and I'm not sure which of these files I need to include and also there are some patch files that come with it, but I'm not sure of any files which I will need, nor am I sure what directories to put the files in if I need them. All I know is that these have to be put onto an SD card. PLEASE PROVIDE HELP on the installation of this program. The wiibrew wiki entry for this program does NOT have installation instructions.
Re: How do I install Anyregion Chnager?
October 08, 2008 01:49PM
Here's the simple steps that I took:
1. On the root directory of your SD card, create a folder and name it as 'apps'(*note: If you already have the folder, skip this step)
2. Open the folder you just created and extract the software(*note: Do not delete any files or it won't work)
3. Rename the .dol file to "boot.dol"

And boila! You should be able to use the software using your homebrew loader. Still having problems? Let me know.
October 08, 2008 11:29PM
Pardon me, but doesn't the region changer brick the Wii? Doesn't seem worth trying.
October 09, 2008 03:05AM
GoldenAlchemist
Pardon me, but doesn't the region changer brick the Wii? Doesn't seem worth trying.
Not the one he's talking about. Unless you're on a Korean Wii. Then, yeah, you could probably brick.
October 09, 2008 03:10AM
We can't even homebrew on a Korean Wii can we? (No pun intended I SWEAR).
October 09, 2008 03:26AM
pinball Wizard
We can't even homebrew on a Korean Wii can we? (No pun intended I SWEAR).
Wii definitely can :P

I've got a few people who are waiting for me to update the region changer so they can make their Wiis stop spewing moonspeak :(
October 09, 2008 04:10AM
Unmodified or modified is what I was thinking. What exactly will be the purpose of region changing?
September 02, 2010 02:23AM
Daisy_Chan
Here's the simple steps that I took:
1. On the root directory of your SD card, create a folder and name it as 'apps'(*note: If you already have the folder, skip this step)
2. Open the folder you just created and extract the software(*note: Do not delete any files or it won't work)
3. Rename the .dol file to "boot.dol"

And boila! You should be able to use the software using your homebrew loader. Still having problems? Let me know.

Number 3 is my only problem. I couldn't find the .dol file.
September 02, 2010 02:27AM
Dude, this thread is almost 2 years old. AnyRegion Changer is outdated. If you can't find the .dol file you're an idiot.

EDIT: 2008 fail

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2010 02:28AM by bg4545.
September 02, 2010 03:18AM
Just because AnyRegion Changer is two years old does not mean it is out dated. Aside from the issue with changing the shop channel region, it is just as useful now as it was then. It certainly is still the only tool that should ever be used for a region change.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2010 03:18AM by jbc007.
September 02, 2010 03:40AM
I really want this, but me being the newb I am, I'm having trouble.

Also, don't I need to un-zip or something?
September 02, 2010 03:54AM
jbc007
Just because AnyRegion Changer is two years old does not mean it is out dated. Aside from the issue with changing the shop channel region, it is just as useful now as it was then. It certainly is still the only tool that should ever be used for a region change.
True, but it requires an old (or patched) IOS35 (or was it 36?). I'm not about to explain to Luigi886 what that means.

Luigi886

Also, don't I need to un-zip or something?
Why do you want it? Yes you need to unzip.
September 02, 2010 04:17AM
bg4545
True, but it requires an old (or patched) IOS35 (or was it 36?).

AnyRegion Changer runs on a temporary IOS, which it installs to the highest open IOS slot. There is no code to reload to any other IOS. Therefore, it uses IOS 36 (or perhaps IOS 58 with the latest HBC, I'm not sure how that works) to create the temporary IOS. The IOS 35 thing came about when someone who does not know C saw the following comment in the ARC source:

//ret = IOS_ReloadIOS(35);

Luigi886

Unless you know exactly what you are doing, I have to recommend against using AnyRegion Changer (of any other NAND modifying application, for the matter). Although it is unlikely that you would actually brick your wii with ARC, it is easy to mess stuff up.
September 02, 2010 04:19AM
I'd like to have some Japan Channels n' stuff, that's why. :P

So, I just right click, and Extract All files... Right?
September 02, 2010 04:22AM
Luigi886
I'd like to have some Japan Channels n' stuff, that's why. :P
You can't.

Luigi886
So, I just right click, and Extract All files... Right?
Yeah sure.
September 02, 2010 04:29AM
Luigi886
I'd like to have some Japan Channels n' stuff, that's why.

You must delete your current shop channel account first, or else this will never work. If you do this, you will permanently lose everything you have downloaded from the shop channel and all your Wii points (if you have any).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2010 04:31AM by jbc007.
September 02, 2010 04:43AM
Off topic:

LOL guys! You really do have a lot of patience to continue dealing with this 'situation'.

Just tell the kid he should not mess with his Wii.
September 02, 2010 04:50AM
It's his wii, and he can do whatever he wants with it. I'm just explaining the risks.
September 02, 2010 05:01AM
Well, since you guys feel so strongly about this, I guess I won't do it... For now.

I need your SKILLZ. How do you people know ALL THIS STUFF?!

Experience, maybe?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2010 05:05AM by Luigi886.
September 02, 2010 06:12AM
It's called reading.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login