Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Quake Mods List

Posted by Warpedflash 
Quake Mods List
October 07, 2008 09:18PM
I thought that there needed to be a list of working Quake mods somewhere so i decided to start on here :)

Okies i have been trying various Quake mods out to test them :)
Here is a list of the stuff that works/partially works/does not work. Here is a list and download links for those of you who want to try them out for yourselves :)
(bare in mind i have not completed these so if you find problems please report them)
To install these mods just extract the .zip folder into your Quake folder next to the ID1 folder.

Work Well
Raptors - Raptors Is a single-player quake mod. As the name suggests, you fight velociraptors.
Raptors Return - This time you take control of a raptor and have to kill and then eat humans... armed with rocket launchers... eat the corpses to recover health (hold attack)
Twisted Christmas - This mod has you fighting Christmas creatures! shoot your way through snowmen, elves and reindeer. good fun but relativly hard.
Target Quake - This turns quake into a fun and well made platformer, controls are a bit iffy but you can get them working semi-easily.
Minion Battle Chess - As the title suggests this is Quake battle chess. works well but you have to configure the controls. Each move results in a one on one combat match.
Quake 1 Arena - Great mod, brings Quake 3 arena to Quake! good fun loads with 3 bots. No IR Turning in this... but you can set it to another button... i tried copying the config.cfg from quake but that didnt work :S. I also made this crash somehow... no code dump but it froze up.

1/2 Work
Kickflip - Kickflip - Turns Quake into a skate game! load the maps using the terminal and map command... i dontknow how to do tricks but the models etc load so someone can figure it out i assume its just button mapping.
Jaws - the models dont appear to load? and its multiplayer anyways... but the map loads as does the game mode but seems very broken...
Insomnia - Loads incorrectly? iim rely not sure it might just be me being dumb but i cant actucy do much in this just get to the difficult selection :S

Dont Work
Navy Seals - Good Mod made by the guy behind Counterstrike .Loads to the boot screen and then crashes? or takes a LONG time to load... never go to the demo video
Quakeanoid - 'Arkanoid' with quake models etc. Code dumps.
Alien Quake - Mod based on the game Alien. Code dumps.
Team Fortress - The classic mod! if you dont know what this is... go away... Code dumps after demo is played, someone might get it working by loading a map before the demo ends? no maps included you need to get them from the net...
QuadQuake - 3rd person version of quake in which you can select your character from 4 available. Code Dumps.
Quake Rally - Quake Racing! Demo loads and plays through when new game is selected from the menu it freezes. Someone might be able to figure out how to get it working.
GoldGup - Quake racing again. Loads to menu with no demo then freezes when new game is selected.

Probably me setting up the files wrong...
Slide - Quake Hoverboard Racing. Demo loads but when you start a new game its the normal quake that actually loads... maby a bad version of the mod?
The Demon King - Loads boot screen then plays normal quake demo/game. I prolly have the files wrong or something...
Borg - Loads normal Quake. I prolly have the files set up wrong

If you have any extra Mods to add to this this PM me or leave a reply :)
all these files are being hosted on my site and will not be deleted if they dont work the server is probably down.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2008 07:11PM by Warpedflash.
Re: Quake Mods List
October 10, 2008 09:20AM
Hey, how did you go about actually installing the mod? For example, in the Quake 1 Arena mod readme, it says just to copy the folder q1a into the main Quake directory then type a certain command. I know when you start up Wii Quake, there is an option to select a certain type of mod, but it won't let me select any, probably cause it's not picking up on any for some reason. So, how did you go about installing them so it would recognize them?
Re: Quake Mods List
October 10, 2008 11:14AM
SaviorX
Hey, how did you go about actually installing the mod? For example, in the Quake 1 Arena mod readme, it says just to copy the folder q1a into the main Quake directory then type a certain command. I know when you start up Wii Quake, there is an option to select a certain type of mod, but it won't let me select any, probably cause it's not picking up on any for some reason. So, how did you go about installing them so it would recognize them?

all you need to do is to unzip each mod into the quake folder. for example my quake folder right now looks like this:

boot.dol
GPL.txt
icon.png
meta.xml
readme.html

ID1 (folder)
>config.cfg
>PAK0.PAK
>PAK1.PAK
>s0.sav

HIPNOTIC (folder)
>PAK0.PAK
>config.cfg

Twisted Christmas (folder)
>config.cfg
>PAK0.PAK
>README.TXT
>TWCMQW.BSP

Each different mod just needs to be in a folder in the quake directory, so in my case the only mod i have installed right now is Twisted Christmas, you can then select it from teh menu at the start of the game.
make sure you have the mods folder in the quake folder and that you have unzipped it, then it should work,
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login