Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Snes9xGX and FCEUlra GX Saving Issues

Posted by Black_omega 
Snes9xGX and FCEUlra GX Saving Issues
July 14, 2009 06:30AM
Im currently using the newest versions of both emulators, and when i save a snapshot it says it saves and then when i try to load it it says its not there. I see it when i put the SD card into the computer, and when i goto settings, i see the issue. it says the load file is the last place i browsed to, (/snes9x/Roms/F/) and the Save location is (/snes9x/saves) but when i use the emulator to change the folder back, it will show it after i exit the settings screen. and re enter without loading a game. but when i load a game, the load file automatically changes to where i just browed to. is there a file i have to modify like settings or anything? I'm thinking of reverting to the previous versions cause it works there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2009 06:31AM by Black_omega.
Re: Snes9xGX and FCEUlra GX Saving Issues
July 14, 2009 05:24PM
I don't understand your issue. The new version tracks where you last browsed for roms (ie: /snes9x/Roms/F/). This has nothing to do with where save files are stored - /snes9x/saves
July 14, 2009 08:53PM
i know... but every time i load a game then make a new snapshot it says its saved. then i try to load it and it says snapshot not found. i then goto the main menue (where u load a new game) and i click settings and inside there it says Load Folder /snes9x/roms/f (or whichever game i loaded last) and the save folder says snes9x/saves. i remap the load folder to the save folder but it doesnt stay. im not blowing smoke or anything, i even tried to see it i was pulling a n00b thing. i tried the previous versions and the load folder is the save folder. and it stays, but the new ones the load folder stays where i last loaded a game from
July 14, 2009 09:46PM

i remap the load folder to the save folder but it doesnt stay.

Why would you do this?

To load a save, first load the game. Then press Home. Then press the Load button. Then select the save.
July 15, 2009 01:49AM
i know that... but i see what your saying, sorry about the confusion on my part. i thought the load folder was where it looked for the snapshot. but regardless of the game, when i click save new snapshot, it says "save successful" but when i goto load it it says it cant find it. yet i see it when i plug it in the computer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2009 01:50AM by Black_omega.
July 15, 2009 04:18AM
Ok, fair enough.

What's the exact name of the rom file, and the exact name of the save file it made?
July 15, 2009 08:28AM
Hey Tantric,

I was having very similiar issues relative to black_omega. Most of the issues occuring with him, I have also run across.

First of all, not only are these things happening in SNES9XGX and FCEUGX but they are also occuring in VBAGX.

Issues are as follows:

- Emulator will have an error sometimes when trying to boot up a ROM.
- "No snapshots found" when snapshots and SRAM are present.
- Able to save snapshots and SRAM however they do not appear in the load menu. "No snapshots found."

I've tried 4 different SD cards, two of which were SDHC. All directories and detection options are default (I never change them) and I'm not sure how to resolve the problem.

I've currently rolled back each of my emulators to the last version and the snapshots and SRAM are being detected again. One of my friends who uses homebrew as well has had very similiar problems. I really hopes this helps out and thanks for your awesome emulators. :)

By the way, my tested rom was "Legend of Zelda, The - A Link to the Past.smc" and the following snapshots and SRAM were what it failed to detect in the load menu:

- Legend of Zelda, The - A Link to the Past 1.frz
- Legend of Zelda, The - A Link to the Past 1.png
- Legend of Zelda, The - A Link to the Past 1.srm
- Legend of Zelda, The - A Link to the Past 2.frz
- Legend of Zelda, The - A Link to the Past 2.png
- Legend of Zelda, The - A Link to the Past Auto.srm

UPDATE - Been looking through all the games I previously had snapshots and saves for that were present in the 4.0.7 version of SNES9xGx and are not being detected anymore in 4.0.8
Hope this helps.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2009 08:33AM by Hitokiri1985.
July 15, 2009 11:02AM
Thats exactly it... I'm not to good with words apparently lol. but he explained it to the T. thank you Hitokiri
July 16, 2009 08:13PM
Ok I've found and fixed this save loading bug for the next version.

Emulator will have an error sometimes when trying to boot up a ROM.

This one I don't know what the problem is...
July 16, 2009 10:24PM
I've been trying to reproduce that paticular error and have had no luck. I was thinking that was a related problem to the saving errors (both require reading the SD) but know I'm not so sure. I'll keep trying to breka your emulators. ;p
July 11, 2012 07:06AM
how do i find the detect options because i am having the same problems help me please
July 11, 2012 04:53PM
You think a bug from 3 years ago is related to the problem you're having? It probably isn't. Please start a new thread and describe your problem in detail.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.