Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Controller response-time lag in FCE Ultra and SNES 9x emulators?

Posted by gyromite7 
Controller response-time lag in FCE Ultra and SNES 9x emulators?
July 22, 2009 06:32AM
Has anyone noticed a slow response time with controller buttons when playing games on either of these emulators? If I load up any side-scrolling platform game, for instance, I detect a slight hesitation between the time I press the jump button and when I actually see and hear the result. It makes it really difficult to play these games!

Now, I have considered that my TV could be the culprit, since it is an LCD and who knows what kind of digital processing could be causing a split-second delay, but I don't have an easy way to test that.

Has anyone else noticed this kind of problem?
Re: Controller response-time lag in FCE Ultra and SNES 9x emulators?
July 22, 2009 10:35AM
Yeah, it's pretty well known. I only play RPGs, so good button response is not a big issue for me, however.
July 22, 2009 05:05PM
Okay, thanks! It's good to know, but that's a bummer. Just to clarify, when you say it's pretty well known, is this an issue with the Wii in general, or homebrew software on the Wii, or certain TVs?
July 24, 2009 12:34AM
For anyone curious about what was happening, it wasn't the fault of the Wii or the homebrew software. I hooked it up to my clunky old CRT television, and the on-screen movement was very well synched with controller input. Which means that the problem is with my new flat-screen TV (probably some kind of analog-to-digital conversion). So far, I haven't found a work-around for that.
July 24, 2009 12:33PM
Turn off all filters on your TV.
Some TVs have a special game mode.
July 24, 2009 08:07PM
Some home theater systems (the receiver part) can introduce lag as well. It's not actually controller lag, it's audio/video lag.
July 28, 2009 01:02AM
wow that has NEVER happened to me. I'm using an older LCD and the weird part is that the screen pushes in and becomes concave every few minutes. Anyone have a hammer? We're gonna buy a new one soon...or even sooner than that! =p I was never able to beat Doki Doki Panic (bought it off of eBay) but I can on the Wii! Weird...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login