Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

snes9x autopatching?

Posted by quixada 
snes9x autopatching?
October 23, 2008 12:08AM
Hi, there are so many snes9x emulators to choose from in the homebrew browser I don't know which one to install. Does anyone know which one does autopatching? The one on my computer (v1.43) does autopatching (by including an .ips file of the same name in the same directory as the .smc file). But I don't know how to get it working with the snes9x on my Wii. Is there a particular version in the homebrew browser that I need to use? Or does anyone know how to get autopatching to work on the Wii? Thanks.

dq
Re: snes9x autopatching?
October 23, 2008 08:30AM
snes9x GX 006 is the lastest version I believe, but I don't know if it supports patching.

As for the homebrew browser, just download the latest version if you don't have a copy, if you do, then just run it, it will check for updates and automatically update itself.
October 24, 2008 03:49AM
The problem is there seems to be several versions of snes9x in the homebrew browser so I don't know which one to pick. (Same goes with mplayer, and other emulators too.)

According to the Wiibrew wiki there doesn't seem to be any reference to autopatching, but that feature must be available since the Wii version of snes9x is the same as the one on my computer (i.e. the latest stable version-- v1.43). Is there a way to turn on that flag while snes9x is loading?

dq
October 29, 2008 09:34PM
First of all, there's only one Snes9x emulator currently in development - Snes9x GX. All other versions are old variants of older versions. I should also mention the latest stable Windows version is 1.51+. Snes9x GX is based off this version, and it's the only Wii SNES emulator out there that is.

Patching is not a feature of any of the versions out there. Your assumption that the feature is available on Windows so it must be on the Wii is wrong - every single feature has to be ported one by one. But I will tell you I've added IPS patching support for the next version of Snes9x GX. You'll have to wait for that to be released.
October 29, 2008 10:50PM
The games I have tried have been working for me... What is the auto patching feature? (I usually learn what I need to know, so this patching is new...)
October 29, 2008 10:51PM
Hey thanks for adding that feature-- I will wait patiently. (BTW, I don't use Windows.) Is there a way to remove the other snes9x entries listed in the Homebrew browser? I count seven it total-- it's rather confusing.
October 30, 2008 12:44AM
DrLucky
The games I have tried have been working for me... What is the auto patching feature? (I usually learn what I need to know, so this patching is new...)

It's a feature where you can put the ROM and an IPS file in the same folder, with the same name. The IPS file contains a translation of the game (eg: Jap to Eng) - and its automatically applied to the game.
October 30, 2008 12:48AM
quixada
Hey thanks for adding that feature-- I will wait patiently. (BTW, I don't use Windows.) Is there a way to remove the other snes9x entries listed in the Homebrew browser? I count seven it total-- it's rather confusing.

You could complain to Teknecal (HBB author) on the HBB Wiibrew article about this. I would, but I'm biased!
October 30, 2008 03:30AM
Done. Thanks.
November 29, 2008 06:32AM
Before I remove all the old emulators for Snes, does Snes9x GX v007 offer all the capabilities that the unofficial Snes GX versions do?
November 29, 2008 08:30PM
teknecal
Before I remove all the old emulators for Snes, does Snes9x GX v007 offer all the capabilities that the unofficial Snes GX versions do?

Yes, same goes for FCE Ultra GX 1.0.5.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/2008 08:31PM by Tantric.
December 13, 2008 06:50AM
Tantric
Yes, same goes for FCE Ultra GX 1.0.5.

Unofficial FCEU and Snes versions have been removed from the HBB.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login