Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sega CD/ Master CD Wii emulator

Posted by DrLucky 
Sega CD/ Master CD Wii emulator
October 28, 2008 03:55PM
I have the original Sega CD attachment to the Genesis, so I can paly my games anyway, but I am trying to start moving over to the Wii completely. Has anyone started working on a Sega CD emulator for the Wii? Or mentioned it? I don't suppose it would be too hard to do (console power-wise) but I don't know if porting it would be a problem. They have a half-batch Saturn emulator for the Wii...

I know the Wii can't read CD discs, but ripping SCD games is easy. Do you think that when the PS emu is done it would be started?
Re: Sega CD/ Master CD Wii emulator
October 29, 2008 01:07AM
Here is the issue we have: Find the emulator to port it from that is C++ based and uses open-source APIs. The other option is to research up all the info about the genesis, genesis emulator, and how the hardware communicates and write code that does what the SegaCD/Genesis does.
October 29, 2008 09:03AM
DrLucky
Do you think that when the PS emu is done it would be started?
As I have said before, if you want an emulator, unless you are really lucky enough to find a developer with free time, and is interested in that platform, you're going to have to do it yourself.

pinball Wizard has given you enough information to set you on your way :-)
October 29, 2008 02:48PM
I was simply curious as to whether it was possible and/or someone was already working on it!

Unfortunately I am leaning C# instead of C++

I was asking about the PS emu because of the similarities between the 2 systems: ISO, 32 bit, ect...
October 29, 2008 04:37PM
Sorry if I sounded a bit harsh. Chances are, if there's no forum topic, and nothing on WiiBrew or Tehskeen, nobody's looking at it :-)

Also, the Megadrive/Genesis was only a 16bit machine, as with the MegaCD, whereas the PSone was 32bit. Plus also the processor is a different make, which means all the opcodes will be different.

CD access may be completely different too. Did you ever stick a PC 3.5" floppy disk in an Amiga? They didn't read each others disks, yet both had the same physical drives and mechanics.

All in all, a PSone emulator will be nothing like a Megadrive/MegaCD emulator.

MegaCD specs
[en.wikipedia.org]

PSone specs
[en.wikipedia.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2008 04:38PM by whodares.
October 29, 2008 11:56PM
Yeah sorry about harshness. I would love a Sega CD emulator in general. Mine died before I got to play my sewer sharks disc.
October 30, 2008 12:09AM
yeah... I wish they would make one...

oh, do Sega 32x games play on the Genesis Plus emulator?

If not, is there a rumor of one of those emulators?
March 27, 2011 10:23PM
if there is going to be a Sega CD Emulator, it will be bugged out just like Wii64, WiiSX and Yabause Wii. mostly, ISOs are difficult to emulate. it could be impossible for a Sega CD Emulator to work correctly.
March 28, 2011 04:06AM
This topic is 2 and a half years old, I don't see why you needed to make that post...
March 30, 2011 02:24AM
Why not make it so that, after a certain amount of time, topics lock themselves automatically? Say, at least 2 month old threads... and if, after it's been autolocked, the topic starter needs to add something new and relevant to the post, suggest PMing a moderator to unlock it?
March 30, 2011 02:46AM
I think the only way that'd work is if we went through old topics and locked them ourselves; there's no way to do it automatically.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login