Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Getting the wii to give off a wi-fi signal?

Posted by pimpsahoy 
Getting the wii to give off a wi-fi signal?
October 28, 2008 07:56PM
I was just wondering if there is an app out there that can get the wii to give off a wi-fi signal. I have a wired connection, and some hardware (like the iPhone) needs wi-fi to get online. I was just wondering if such an such an app existed or if it could be made.
Re: Getting the wii to give off a wi-fi signal?
October 28, 2008 08:24PM
wait... if your wii is connected to the web wirelessly, then why cant you use that same signal to connect your phone?
October 28, 2008 08:30PM
@DrLucky: He said a "wired connection".

@pimpsahoy: I'm not aware of any apps yet, but technically I would have thought it possible. Windows supports a peer-to-peer wireless network, I don't see why something similar couldn't be cooked up.

Don't ask how though, I have no idea :-)
October 28, 2008 09:05PM
how does a wii have a wired connection? I thought the wii only could use wifi... thus the wifi USB card for a computer.
October 29, 2008 01:57AM
DrLucky
how does a wii have a wired connection? I thought the wii only could use wifi... thus the wifi USB card for a computer.
You can buy an official Wii-Lan adapter for US $30 that goes into one of the wii's USB ports.
October 29, 2008 02:49PM
oh, ok... I had wi-fi already, so I didnt look at all the Wii accessories I could buy :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2008 02:50PM by DrLucky.
October 29, 2008 05:29PM
Does anyone think this is possible?
Because I have a DS and it does not like connecting to my wireless.(WPA-TKIP)
If this was to come out, would it be possible for me to make the connection un-encrypted so that I can connect?
Thx in Advance
October 29, 2008 06:13PM
It's possible, but nobody has reversed the low level Wi-Fi functions yet. All homebrew using the wireless internet so far is using the high-level Socket functions. You wouldn't be able to do fancy things with the Wi-Fi adapter with the Sockets interface.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login