Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WiiSX rev. 57 - testing

Posted by DrLucky 
WiiSX rev. 57 - testing
November 03, 2008 11:06PM
WiiSX rev. 47 - testing

I have just tested the new WiiSX... but all it did was a code dump ( hmmm... maybe I am doing something wrong... )there is a "debugwiisx.elf" file in the WiiSX folder too... should that even be on the card? I ripped my Tony Hawk Pro game to a ISO and Final Fantasy 9 to a bin, but I never got a chance to pick them to test. With Rev. 46 I was able to get it started, but very slowly, and graphics were bad... Keep up the good work guys!

I'll try some more and let you know how it goes.

EDIT - UPDATE

I deleted the"debugwiisx.elf" file and changed the folder with the games in it to "PSXISOS" (this is NECESSARY!)

I then got the option to select either the FF9 bin or TH ISO... the iso brought me straight to a code dump, the bin played a highly pixelated intro then went to the opening screen. I selected new game and the wii went to a code dump again... So no playing yet.

I will rip my Tony Hawk game to bin and see if it works better, and I'll try ripping a REALLY simple game called "Turnabout" and see if it will emulate

UPDATE
I tried ripping the Tony Hawk game, and it never started... no code dump either.
I tried FF9 and hoped that I could create a save. But same results as before.
I have finished ripping Turnabout (which works on my PC emu) and will try that in the Wii as soons as it copies to the SD card.

Ok, just tried turnabout (as a bin) and it worked great! kind of... the intro worked fine... the opening screen looked great... the demo video looked perfect... but it didnt respond to any of my GC controller input... it kept flashing "press and Button to Start" and nothing worked...but the graphics were nice!

I don't think I'll test much more until I get some feedback...

I tried Symphony of the Night just for Arikado. I downloaded it as a bin instead of ripping my own. It started great. the graphics of the opening screen were flawless...but it had the same issue as Turnabout... it wouldn't recognize the GC controller "Start" button. I know the emulator can recognize the controller since I could move up and down in FF9 (but would crash when attempting to start)

I also tried "Scooby Doo Cyber Chase" which I ripped (much faster than DL-ing) to a bin. It also started but continues to repeat the "this game is a trade mark of....." screen.

I just tried Spyro Ripto's Rage (ripped to bin) game AND emulator froze at the Universal company screen.

And finally, I tried my rip of Rayman 2. This worked the best yet. it allowed me to start a new game "save it" (emu didnt actually create a save file, though) and began the video intro. The emu showed some text at the bottom saying "Found Cinema ......." and froze.

Anyone have any ideas? what game did the creators get running well?

Games tested:
Spyro (bin)
Land Before Time (trying to find small, lame games without much detail) (bin)
Final Fantasy 7

Spyro got stuck at the opening like Spyro Ripto's Rage did.
Land Before Time let me get a little far, but eventually froze, never any game play. Some text appeared at the bottom... something about forcing commands.

I ripped Tony Hawk as a bin... no difference, doesn't even load, sticks at the beginning...

I tried FF7 as both an .img and a .bin

the .bin (onverted from the .img) froze during the scrolling text at
*PCSX* - CDromID
the .img worked fantastically! I got to the menu, selected new game... watched the entire intro at an average of 41 FPS... got to the actual game play, talked someone, began running down along side of the train, and the game froze when I got stuck in a battle. No sound of course, but this was the best I have gotten out of the emu yet.

If someone suggests that this may have been because it was a .img, then I might try ripping more games in that format.

UPDATE Nov. 6th

Metal Gear Solid (DLed .img)
didnt even boot... rather disappointed actually.

Gran Tursmo (.bin)
played fantastically... boot well, fast FPS, intro movie played flawlessly. I attempted to start an "arcade' game, and it crashed to a code dump. I went back to start in the alternate mode. I was able to move around, shop for cars, pick the color ect... It emulated very well... The game would crash depending on what option I selected (because it was trying to save maybe?) but there is much more to try on it... I will do more thorough testing on this game later... right now I wanna try some new games...

MegaManLegends (.img)
Capcom logo appears, intro very glitchy, eventually crashes to code dump before game begins.

PacMan Adventures(.bin)
Best working game yet... all aspects playable, weird glitch in pac man and ghosts in the 3d game, classic version works flawlessly. Intro works very well too.

Final Fantasy 5(.bin)
entire intro plays at high speed, but kinda jumpy. Allows -text- gameplay but when entering into a battle (after the 15 minute intro) the game freezes. No code dump though...

any games anyone wants me to try?

UPDATE Nov. 7th

Final Fantasy Chronicles (.img)
Logo screens appear, no opening sequence. Main screen freezes, no play what so ever.

Tail Concerto (.bin)
Fantastic! Game is fully playable! Opening sequence runs in regular time, game play is a little slow, movement is kind of like moonwalking, but best complete game play yet. No graphic clitches.

From the patter I have seen so far, .bin format games run MUCH better than any .img. Best so far is Tail Concerto. Followed by PacMan (weird graphic issues)

UPDATE Nov. 7 (update 2)

Crash Bandicoot Compilation (.bin) (requested)
Company Logo opening plays fine. Main screen did not react to controller input.

007 Tomorrow Never Dies (.bin) (requested)
Game freezes on opening loading screen. (sorry... all that wok finding the game, and nothing...)

Chocobo Racing (.bin)
Opening sequence works well. Can select racer and special power and track, but race either crashes or goes at a half a frame a second.

Bushido Blade (.img)
Game works entirely! No glitches or problems what so ever.. the battles are a little slow, but definitely playable. Since not all of the button commands are ported, not all of the button combo options are possible, but still playable.

Battle Arena Toshinden (.bin) (special request)
game didn't boot. Froze during start. sorry!

Driver (.bin)
Opening company logos are jumpy. Game freezes at "Checking MEMORY cards" screen. Makes sense though...

Tales of Phantasia (.bin)
Opening scene looks very nice. It probably has a nice music background, but sound doesn't work yet.
Game can not be played due to the fact that analog pad is not ported yet. No graphic glitches though.

Muppet Monster Adventure (.img)
Crashes during load... code dump.

Star Ocean The Second Story (.img)
Opening Logos and video very choppy and glitchy! Game play is slow (but it is a slow game) after exiting a battle, character no longer responds to controller.

UPDATE Nov. 13th

Cool Boarders 2 (.bin)
Game is playable. Due to the lack of all buttons being ported, tricks can not be performed. The graphics on this game are either really bad, or the emulator is glitchy.

Chronos Cross (.img)
The intro looks fantastic... Beginning play is fine, freezes after going into character options.

Ehrgiez (.bin)
Intro flawless again (seems this way with all Squaresoft intro's). All games, sub games, and mini games freeze at the loading screen.

Grandia (.bin)
Intro is a bit choppy. Game crashes to a code dump after intro.

Tony Hawk 3 (.img)
Game fails to boot. No code dump though...

Persona (.img)
Code dumps immediately after loading screen.

Parasite Eve (.bin)
Again, The intro works great (Squaresoft game). But code dumps after selecting "New Game"

Resident Evil Directors Cut Dual Shock Edition (.img)
No intro. Game freezes after the "This game has explicit violence and gore" screen.

If anyone has any requests of games you would like me to test, please let me know... I am just testing at random right now....

Alundra (.bin)
game starts ok, but gets stuck in a loop of "no game save found"
***NEW***check the youtube vid of the test!
[www.youtube.com]

Ms. Pacman - Maze Madness 9 (.img)
Game doesn't start at all. Hangs on emulator load.

here is the youtube vid:

Monster Rancher
Game starts intro but quickly code dumps.

South Park (.img)
I decided to test the game to my favorite TV show, luckily, this one worked a little better than my last 2 vids!

I was able to obtain game play with a large amount of graphical errors as well as audio errors.

Game play completely froze at the end of the video when I tried moving Kenny forward.

Edited 15 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2009 06:10PM by DrLucky.
Re: WiiSX rev. 47 - testing
November 03, 2008 11:14PM
Thank you for creating this topic. I reccomend trying ISO's that worked in the WiiSX preview first shown on tehskeen. Once you get those to work, then I would advise you to try different ISO's. If you get a chance, I would love to know how Symphony of the Night (my second fave game) plays.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2008 11:15PM by Arikado.
November 03, 2008 11:16PM
the ISOs i ripped would go straight to a code dump... and suggestions on ripping my PS games?

my pleasure... All the NES, SNES, GB, GBA, SEGA ect... emulators work great... so now I'm on to trying N64 and PSX!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2008 11:17PM by DrLucky.
November 03, 2008 11:19PM
I would suggest downloading the ISO's as opposed to ripping them yourself. Ripping them yourself can sometimes cause problems.
November 04, 2008 12:14AM
I guess so...
November 04, 2008 12:16AM
hahahah one question what does WiiSX exactly do?

some sort of emu?
November 04, 2008 12:30AM
KruperTrooper
hahahah one question what does WiiSX exactly do?

some sort of emu?

WiiSX is a Playstation 1 emulator that runs on the Wii... it works "ok" right now, but hasn't been publicly released. It will run smoothly eventually though.
November 04, 2008 02:29AM
If this gets finished before wii64, then I will loose all faith in emukidid.
November 04, 2008 03:35AM
I wouldn't mind either first...

C'mon now... with out emukidid, NONE of this would be possible!
November 04, 2008 04:43AM
UPDATE

I tried Symphony of the Night just for Arikado. I downloaded it as a bin instead of ripping my own. It started great. the graphics of the opening screen were flawless...but it had the same issue as Turnabout... it wouldn't recognize the GC controller "Start" button. I know the emulator can recognize the controller since I could move up and down in FF9 (but would crash when attempting to start)

I also tried "Scooby Doo Cyber Chase" which I ripped (much faster than DL-ing) to a bin. It also started but continues to repeat the "this game is a trade mark of....." screen.

I just tried Spyro Ripto's Rage (ripped to bin) game AND emulator froze at the Universal company screen.

And finally, I tried my rip of Rayman 2. This worked the best yet. it allowed me to start a new game "save it" (emu didnt actually create a save file, though) and began the video intro. The emu showed some text at the bottom saying "Found Cinema ......." and froze.

Anyone have any ideas? what game did the creators get running well?
November 04, 2008 10:03AM
@Dr. Lucky

So the emulator is (kind of) working? Oh... Ignore my last PM :P

The "debugwiisx.elf" is just the devkitPro generated .elf. I put this on the pack just for guarantee.

@Folks

If anybody wants this rev47, send a PM for me, and I will pass the link. I will ask permission to the WiiSX crew before publicy posting the link, sorry.
November 04, 2008 03:48PM
hahahaha DrLucky some of my favorite games for PS1

keep trying lol i wanna play those again
November 04, 2008 05:03PM
Yeah for symphony of the night! The video preview had FF7 working on it. I'll see if I can find the youtube link...
November 04, 2008 05:12PM
Arikado
Yeah for symphony of the night! The video preview had FF7 working on it. I'll see if I can find the youtube link...

I'd like to give FF7 a shot!
November 04, 2008 09:05PM
November 04, 2008 10:03PM
UPDATE - Nov. 4

Games tested:
Spyro (bin)
Land Before Time (trying to find small, lame games without much detail) (bin)
Final Fantasy 7

Spyro got stuck at the opening like Spyro Ripto's Rage did.
LBT let me get a little far, but eventually froze, never any game play. Some text appeared at the bottom... something about forcing commands.

I ripped Tony Hawk as a bin... no difference, doesn't even load, sticks at the beginning...

I tried FF7 as both an .img and a .bin

the .bin (onverted from the .img) froze during the scrolling text at
*PCSX* - CDromID
the .img worked fantastically! I got to the menu, selected new game... watched the entire intro at an average of 41 FPS... got to the actual game play, talked someone, began running down along side of the train, and the game froze when I got stuck in a battle. No sound of course, but this was the best I have gotten out of the emu yet.

If someone suggests that this may have been because it was a .img, then I might try ripping more games in that format.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2008 10:13PM by DrLucky.
November 04, 2008 10:30PM
I don't think an .img would make a difference unless wiisx has more compatibility with it (which is possible). Glad to see the best ps1 game also works the best :) Another game's performance I'm curious about: Metal Gear Solid
November 04, 2008 10:31PM
i had no lucky with emu tried to run crash 2 bin stuck on black screen i can't select the cue file maybe using it fix the problem but i don't know how...

i'm typing this on a psp and sucks :P
November 04, 2008 11:24PM
I never put the .cue file in the iso folder...

hmm.. I'll try MGS and Crash...

I'm guessing that FF7 works well since the emu designers have been using it for their testing...
November 06, 2008 10:47PM
UPDATE Nov. 6th

Metal Gear Solid (DLed .img)
didnt even boot... rather disappointed actually.

Gran Tursmo (.bin)
played fantastically... boot well, fast FPS, intro movie played flawlessly. I attempted to start an "arcade' game, and it crashed to a code dump. I went back to start in the alternate mode. I was able to move around, shop for cars, pick the color ect... It emulated very well... The game would crash depending on what option I selected (because it was trying to save maybe?) but there is much more to try on it... I will do more thorough testing on this game later... right now I wanna try some new games...

MegaManLegends (.img)
Capcom logo appears, intro very glitchy, eventually crashes to code dump before game begins.

PacMan Adventures(.bin)
Best working game yet... all aspects playable, weird glitch in pac man and ghosts in the 3d game, classic version works flawlessly. Intro works very well too.

Final Fantasy 5(.bin)
entire intro plays at high speed, but kinda jumpy. Allows -text- gameplay but when entering into a battle (after the 15 minute intro) the game freezes. No code dump though...

any games anyone wants me to try?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login