Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bootmii and 4.2

Posted by cactusjack901 
Bootmii and 4.2
September 29, 2009 09:51AM
Well, we know 4.2 updates boot2 to boot2v4, thereby uninstalling Bootmii. What if we already had boot2v4? Does this re-write boot2 anyway, is it like boot2v4rev2 or something of the sort? I like to stay up to date, but I also like to keep any and all doors for homebrew open.

EDIT: I say this because I already had boot2v4, Nintendo gave me a Wii with an older serial (therefore unpatched boot1) and newer boot2, and Bootmii runs just fine, but I don't want to risk losing it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2009 09:52AM by cactusjack901.
Re: Bootmii and 4.2
September 29, 2009 01:03PM
The update includes nothing of interest to users, it's just an update to kill homebrew. Just ignore the update.
September 29, 2009 05:32PM
It will have to be updated at some point. Better to find an answer, now than wait until some new game requires the update. I unfortunately don't know. Sorry to hear you got stuck w/ 4.2 as well.. (I juuuust want to finish earthbound! wha!)
September 29, 2009 08:30PM
yajirobe
It will have to be updated at some point. Better to find an answer, now than wait until some new game requires the update. I unfortunately don't know. Sorry to hear you got stuck w/ 4.2 as well.. (I juuuust want to finish earthbound! wha!)

Whoa whoa whoa, I never said I updated, I just said I'd like to update because I like staying as up to date as possible. I was just wondering if it'd remove bootmii considering I already have boot2v4

Also, I've heard preliminary reports that anything not on 4.2 has no Nintendo WFC access, any truth to this?
September 29, 2009 08:37PM
I'm pretty sure thats not true, I think i read reports to the contrary.

Anyway, if you want to keep bootmii as boot2, make a NAND dump, just to be safe, then use wadimport or WAD Manager to install WADs of IOS70 and System Menu 4.2 downloaded with NUSD. But be warned, HBC will be deleted. You could download a WAD extractor, dump HBC, change the title to something else (H4XX, for example) and then update, then reinstall it with WAD Manager, and it should work, but really this is all a lot of hassle for nothing. Stay on 4.1 and be happy.

EDIT: Dont do that, just use HackMii Installer 0.5

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2009 08:00PM by SifJar.
October 02, 2009 12:15PM
SifJar
I'm pretty sure thats not true, I think i read reports to the contrary.

Anyway, if you want to keep bootmii as boot2, make a NAND dump, just to be safe, then use wadimport or WAD Manager to install WADs of IOS70 and System Menu 4.2 downloaded with NUSD. But be warned, HBC will be deleted. You could download a WAD extractor, dump HBC, change the title to something else (H4XX, for example) and then update, then reinstall it with WAD Manager, and it should work, but really this is all a lot of hassle for nothing. Stay on 4.1 and be happy.

just to let you know, i updated to 4.2 i removed bootmii as boot2 first before updating then reinstalled bootmii as boot2 using hackmii5

a lot of people think that bootmii cant be reinstalled as boot2 but it can.
if ive helped great/
if not leave me alone (ie dont pick on me)
August 18, 2012 01:15AM
seriously how i thought it blocks it being installed as boot2 only as ios which is less helpful
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login